Blockbuster.com BEWARE !!! (performics)
    Has anyone gotten paid for November performance through Performics from Blockbuster.com?

I was expecting a check from the monies made from Blockbuster early Feb. Needless to say the money did not come.

I then emailed Performics and spoke with someone who informed me that Blockbuster.com is going through some "financial difficulties" and could not pay out for the November invoices.

Now I see that blockbuster.com has raised their affiliate commissions to 28.00 per referral....yet they cannot afford to pay out November payments?

Is anyone else expecting a November payment for blockbuster.com performance?

At this point, I would strongly advise everyone to think twice before promoting blockbuster.com links, as the rep. from Performics has informed me (alluding to the issue, of course) that Blockbuster.com has a history of extremely late payments.

My next course of action is to call blockbuster.com until I can get ahold of the person in the accounting department who is responsible for cutting a check, OR at the very least a plausible explanation as to why the November invoice payemnts are late.

Also, has anyone in the past taken legal action against any of the companies for a failure to pay?

I have suspended promoting blockbuster.com links on my website, as I am owed well over 10,000.00 for my websites november performance. In addition, I have started to promote Netflix.com because if Blockbuster.com cannot afford to pay the affiliate commissions, then how can I in good faith direct the members of my website to sign up for blockbuster.com?
    Last edited by ManicMailman; February 28th, 2006 at 03:40 PM.

15 years and counting
    10,000.00, it's a bit of change. Before promoting heavily a company, I test it during at least 3 months, just to see how they react.
    To make that much the first month you must use ads. It hurts.

As long as they're not bankrupted, it doesn't make sense to try to collect your money directly. November, it's like yesterday for these big companies.

I had a few legal actions in 1999/2000 to get back part of my money. It takes years and a big chunck of money. Make sure it's not going to cost you more than you're owned.

Thanks for replying Zuess.

I make a small fortune from affiliate commissions and do this in my spare time as a hobby. Several family members are attornies and I need to get all of my facts straight before presenting them with the issue(s) at hand.

Yes, I did try out blockbuster.com in a small way before heavily promoting them on my website. I have received other affiliate checks from performics.com, so they are not to blame (as is my current understanding...), yet Blockbuster.com refuses to pay out.

Not only have I wasted valuable ad space on my website (space that could have been used to promote companies that are not going through "financial difficulties") I have also incurred a tremendous amount of bandwith charges by promoting blockbuster.com. Now, due to their inability to pay, I am having to eat these charges.

I disagree with your statement about "November being just yesterday to these companies". Blockbuster.com has been invoiced for performance rendered during the month of November and the terms given were net 30 (from what I was told). Any company that is as big as blockbuster should pay their invoices on time. Unless, I was not given the entire story from the rep. from Performics (which is entirely possible).

How exactly did you go about getting a legal remedy from companies that have not paid you in the past?

If anyone else is in the same boat that I am, please reply to this thread and let everyone know what your issue is.

Rest assured, I will get to the bottom of this and report back my findings as well as a remedy to the issue at hand.

Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    I find it amusing that Blockbuster is having financial difficulties when they just spent a huge amount of money to advertise their dot com on the Superbowl telecast ... That's where the money went. They're screwing their affiliates to pay for Superbowl ads.

I know it's not amusing to you, yuckfu ... good luck getting paid.
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic

15 years and counting
    I'm comparing with the experience I have with some big names at LinkShare. Just an example, Dell has not paid yet their Nov invoice and many others.
    Even if the terms given are net 30, it's more like 90
    So, be patient. There's no payment reports at Performics and no Merchant Payment History. It's not easy to know what to expect.

I for one think the affiliates should unite, and in cases like this, agree as a whole not to promote certain merchants that go beyond their terms of payment.

Otherwise, they can and do see us as a bunch of "arm chair" company owners, and treat us as such.

Regardless, once I get in contact with someone over at blockbuster corporate, I will report back my findings to this thread, in the hopes that it might help someone else out in the future with merchants that do not honor their payment terms.

Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by yuckfu
    I for one think the affiliates should unite, and in cases like this, agree as a whole not to promote certain merchants that go beyond their terms of payment.
    Me too. I think an ongoing list of bad merchants would be a wonderful thing. I would also like to see a list of good merchants because I think they should be rewarded for being good but no one will cop to who their good merchants are. *sigh* But a BAD merchant list would be a good place to start. Keep people from getting screwed at least and maybe keep merchants on their toes. I have a list of more than 30 merchants I'd love to expose.
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic

Point taken....

I am going to start a new thread, and if the admins on this website close it.....oh well.

This is good to know. I'll be sure to steer clear of Blockbuster's affiliate program. I'm curious to see what happens with this. Good luck yuckfu!

- Scott
    Hatred stirs up strife, But love covers all transgressions.

To Brian Lim:

I cannot view your private message you sent to me because this website says that I am a newbie and do not meet the requirements to view your pm....

As an FYI, only 16 of 26 Performics merchants have paid me for Novemeber commissions so far. I'd be patient and give it some time. Of course, it never hurts to give Blockbuster a call - especially when you're owed $10,000 from them.

I'm also still owed money from 2 Performics merchants for October.

Yup, Sure ... now let me check ... Cagles Mill's Avatar
    I started promoting Blockbuster over a year ago on WebSponsors at $10 per sale and I have always been paid like clockwork. Then around September I found them on Incent-A-Click at $22 per sale and so switched most of my links over to Incent-A-Click. Again, I have received all of my Blockbuster payments like clockwork from Incent-A-Click.

Just last week I realized Blockbuster was also on Performics at $28 per sale so I switched one link over to Performics a few days ago and have received 1 sale off the Performics link as of yesterday. I am reluctant to change the other links over to Performics because I would rather be paid $22 per sale like clockwork, rather than maybe earn $28 per sale whenever Performics feels like finally paying me.

Although I have good luck getting Performics merchants to convert, I only promote the ones I can't find anywhere else since Performics won't commit to paying on a regular basis.

So... it sounds to me like Performics, rather than Blockbuster, that is having financial troubles. Start promoting Blockbuster through Incent-A-Click or WebSponsors, or some other network and you should have no problem.

Er...., on 2nd thought. Dump Blockbuster!!! I don't need the competition.
    Rick M.
    I would rather have a bottle in front of me, than have a frontal lobotomy!
    Does your bubblegum lose its flavor on the bedpost overnight?

There are other CPA networks that pay $32 and $33 per sale.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelColey
    Could you name a couple of examples?
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

Yup, Sure ... now let me check ... Cagles Mill's Avatar
    Yup! Kind of makes you wonder why there is such a wide range of payouts doesn't it?

Has anyone noticed if there is an inverse correlation between the amount promised and the likelihood of the network actually paying you anything?
    Rick M.
    I would rather have a bottle in front of me, than have a frontal lobotomy!
    Does your bubblegum lose its flavor on the bedpost overnight?

I did on a radio show called yahoo -- "you always have other options"!

Edited to add I sent you an email yucky.
    Last edited by Haiko de Poel, Jr.; March 1st, 2006 at 01:24 AM.
    Continued Success,

Haiko
    The secret of success is constancy of purpose ~ Disraeli

Quote Originally Posted by Cagles Mill
    Has anyone noticed if there is an inverse correlation between the amount promised and the likelihood of the network actually paying you anything?
    Not always. Some of the highest paying CPA networks collect money up front and pay Net 15.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelColey
    Not always. Some of the highest paying CPA networks collect money up front and pay Net 15.
    Which ones?
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

20. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread