Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    search result links - Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
    I can't understand why WORKING Amazon links are so dam hard to create.

I have changed out a specific search results link that was re-directing to a 404 page and the stupid links still don't work. Amazon support is no help. They tell me to do what I already did. I've sent them links to pages on my site and BEGGED them to check them to see what's wrong but they just send back generic BS about "re-building the links" which I have already done. I am losing money, my visitors are frustrated and Amazon is losing sales (I suspect they don't care).

This happens all the time with various Amazon links. They'll work for a day or 2 then re-direct to a generic 404 "ooops" page. I am currently sending them highly targeted specific traffic that is being wasted. The window of opportunity is passing and I can't get the products anywhere else or I'd NEVER use Amazon. They put me through grief and pay a crap % - ARGHHHHHHHHH
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic

Try to link to specific products or browse/feature node pages rather than search results.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelColey
    Try to link to specific products or browse/feature node pages rather than search results.
    I would love to but certain specific things I need to link to search results. I've been back & forth with Amazon support all day. They are hopeless and I'm getting more and more frustrated with them which isn't going to help. I'm trying very hard to stay nice and not rip someone's head off. LOL

I've tried every which way to get a working link, both by submitting a URL from search results I've gotten and want to feature to trying to create a link with their category and keyword generator. Nothing works.

I've already lost the season and any income I could have generated from these links which would have been considerable. I'm sending them more than a hundrd visitors a day on dead links.

With all of Amazon's "new" tecnology, I just don't understand why their link building interface is so bad. I am assuming they don't care and will eventually phaze out their affiliate program.

But thanks for always trying to help with my Amazon issues, Michael.
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com

OK, I'm much happier and calmer. I finally just called AMazon customer service and got an answer right away. Shouldn't be this difficult ... As soon as the cust serv rep looked at the link on my page, she was able to tell me the problem. I've been asking for someone to check my links all morning. Grrrrrrrrr

Evidently, if the ENTIRE url created in Amazon interface is not used (including the img src) it will not function properly. I never use the img src part of a link vbecause I just link to my own word or words already in my site. So I had to re-do each link on all pages and re-name each one but they now work and I now understand what was wrong.

Hopefully this information will be found by anyone else having the same problem. It sure isn't easy to get from Amazon email support.
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com

And that really works? Wow. I've never seen anything where the impression tracking image was required before.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelColey
    And that really works? Wow. I've never seen anything where the impression tracking image was required before.
    Me neither. I went off on a rant to the cust serv rep on the phone about their linking methods. LOL - These are text links, too. So the entire code they generate has to be used or it doesn't point to the specified results or page which redirects it back to either the home page or the search page if it was a search link. Amazon has some of the best ideas and programming but their aff links still suck.
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com

7. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread