ABW Ambassador
    I'm sitting here searching for a specific product....and It takes sooooooooooooooooooo long that I get booted and page error.

Go Collect is the worst. And even if I do a search from Main using All Advertisers....I eventually get a "Cannot find server" message.

I'm so frustrated, I'm going to have to start using Other merchants at other parties.

Nope not just you. Happens to me regularly.

If Catalog city wasn't allowed to spam the catalog with so many items and also a few of the sports merchants and computer merchants it wouldn't be quite so bad. But part of the problem also comes in with merchants not categorizing things properly.

For instance yesterday I did a general search of all merchants for lingerie, sub category was Exotic - I found hundreds of listings for freaking Furniture! Yeah ok, Furniture goes well with exotic lingerie!

Why not just find the page on the merchant site and use the advanced functions to generate a link to that page?

Or am I missing something? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Nick

Not all merchants have this enabled so there are times when using the cj interface becomes necessary - unfortunately.

Yes, and also it doesn'nt work sometimes 'cos of the merchants lame site design. (frames or badly written php/asp messing up site structure)

Nick

ABW Ambassador
    Well I'm starting on my christmas stuff. So I'm trying to find Christmas stuff, that isn't sold out, or whatever. So it would be handy if the darn thing would work properly rather than......me go through 600+ merchants and do the advanced thing....

I'm going to have to do go-collect- advanced feature I guess using the banners. It's just a bit of a pain, because their produts listed at Cj, are a good size for my sites. :rolleyes:

ABW Ambassador
    quote:
    Why not just find the page on the merchant site and use the advanced functions to generate a link to that page?

Besides the obvious reasons being that a lot of merchants don't allow it or problems exist when using this another situation arises that it is in our best interest to find what is offerred first.

The reason I try to find the products listed first is to cut down on code bloat. If I make an advanced link it adds significantly to the bytes with the addition of the other page url on the end of the code string.

Some might say this is an over-exaggeration but multiply one code string by hundreds of product link strings and you have significant added weight (aka bandwidth).

I also agree with the statement about category spammers like Catalog City. These guys are the worst and severely hinder product locating. Yeah . . . I definitely want to find truck mirrors when I'm searching for a nightie for my honey~! (CC jerks)

8. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread