ABW Ambassador
    When editing photos/ads of merchants from their product links, will I need to change the destination url (load to my server) if I make the photos smaller in size? Or, will they still be viewable off the merchants server? I understand the pic is on my machine, but will others be able to view it if I edit the photo?

ABW Ambassador
    Big Chuck,

Okies see u can edit the pic to whatever size u want...thats no problem...but don't alter the tracking code...
    And well in some cases. some merchants or networks dont allow u to edit the pic even. so please read all the terms before you do so..

Sure u can edit it...

And hey mostly when u use frontpage...webmasters feel that the image is being served from their server but it is the merchants server...so it will load from there..but if u've added ur own image...or saved a merchants image in ur server...

Than thats another question.

While editing the pic make sure u dont shrink it to any size which destroys te original content/text in the banner or makes it difficult to view...
    Whatever sze u set would be viewable to the other users.

Regards
    TGO

Chuck,

Not sure about your question but I'll try to answer it.

1. You can set the dimensions of the pic by specifying the size you want displayed in either picture properties or in the html.

2. FP does ask if you want to save the pic in your dir ... if you don't want to just click on "select action" --> "Don't Save"-->"ok". This way the image will always be called from the merchant server.

3. If the merchant image server is down then your SOL for the image [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img] so it's your decision to save the image on yours [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Haiko

ABW Ambassador
    Thanks. and BTW, Haiko, can you reply to the email I sent you inquiring about the banner exchange/advertising? I realize your busy, but if you could let me know something I'd appreciate it. Thanks.

Chuck,

Sorry for the delay .. just sent it.

Haiko

Chuck
    one thing - FP is not very good at resizing images.. tends to lose quality, better to resize using a photo package and copy back in.

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Most e-catalog product images are .jpg's which will reduce OK by just adjusting the image HTML tagline's length & width by 50% ( if 240x200 pixels change to 120x100). The banners or images in a .gif format ( limited to 256 colors) do not resize without loss of quality. Only way to do those is to copy them to your hard drive. Then use something like Paintshop Pro ( www.jasc.com ..change them with the "color" command to 16 million colors ..resize & sharpen.. them move the image to your own server and manually adjust the HTML code from CJ to point to the named image at your server location without a size statement.

[ 11-20-2001: Message edited by: EcomCity.com ]

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>change them with the "color" command to 16 million colors<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Is that enough colors? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

9. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread