u1 broken
    Last january I dutifully changed all my links to the u1 system after spending years using the sub_id system.

For 1 merchant the changed links seem to track fine. But I have another merchant (100% of the links for this merchant have u1 tags) which seems a mess to me. For that merchant during February I had 92 clicks sent to the merchant. 10 Sales. Only 8 of the clicks and none of the sales are attributable to memberIDs. I now have no idea which website, or which link generated the sales.

Of the many identifiable affiliate unfriendly decisions Linkshare has made in the last year, this is near the top of the list for me.

Which merchant? I might be mistaken, but I don't think all merchants are set up for Signature.

Also, any sales from old cookies (where the click didn't have u1=) won't show a u1.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelColey
    I might be mistaken, but I don't think all merchants are set up for Signature.
    Wow, I never heard that. That could explain why I have no record of signature reporting on the test site I did as it was a datafeed site to just one dedicated merchant.

Ah, but by the time the LS moderator offered to help me I had removed all the LS links from my test site. And, sorry LS, I'm not going to go through all that work again. You all had your chance and you messed up.
    Last edited by MichaelColey; March 2nd, 2006 at 02:40 PM. Reason: Fixed quote
    Ron Bechdolt | Affiliate Program Management Consultant
    7 Days A Week Marketing

Okay, I figured out what made me question whether or not all merchants were Signature Compliant...

In the "Program Controls", along the left side for each merchant, there's a field that says "Signature Compliant : Yes". Out of the 286 LinkShare merchants in my account, only two (both of which are no longer active) say "Signature Compliant : No".

It sounds like all or virtually all LinkShare merchants support Signature/u1/Member ID tracking.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

ABW Ambassador LinkShare Moderator's Avatar
    All,
    99% of all LS merchants are Signature compliant, so this is probably not the problem.

jrb16951 - I just PM'd you to find out the merchant that you are having problems with.

Ranae

6. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread