lurk
    3 Hour window to sign up for AdCenter
    Though MSN has yet to allow access to AdCenter to all advertisers, it will allow sign-ups on Monday, March 6, during a three-hour window, reports AdJab's Chris Thilk, citing a post on the SearchEngineWatch blog. Would-be adCenter advertisers will be able to register starting at 9 a.m. PST/12 p.m. EST.
    Source: MarketingVox

I know I'll be signing up, their demogaphic targetting has been getting rave reviews.
    Jason

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    Enjoy your trip into PITAville!

My mother's gotten in there as an advertiser.

1) They flag things as "prohibited content" based on a stupid automatic filter. Better not go GUNg-ho over anything, or sell any glue GUNs, etc!

2) Also they will flag a site as "inaccessible" even though the site's working FINE! This happens a lot.

3) And to appeal these ridiculosities, you have to send in a .xml form! When you use the online gripe form, what they do is send you an .xml and tell you to fill that out! AS IF she'd go and buy excel (or learn Open Office) just to appeal denied listings

Needless to say I'm letting Ma have a monopoly on that frustrating beta version. Maybe next year when the place catches some clues, I'll sign up...
    There is no knowledge that is not power. ~Hemingway

So you're out on them, Leader?
    Kevin Webster
    twitter: levelanalytics

Kayak Fishing
    Web Analytics and Affiliate Marketing

ABW Ambassador
    "Also they will flag a site as "inaccessible" even though the site's working FINE! This happens a lot."

I just had that happen when i put up a new listing with Overture. MSN and Yahoo should just copy Adwords and put their own skin on it.

Lite On The Do, Heavy On The Nuts Donuts's Avatar
    Also they will flag a site as "inaccessible" even though the site's working FINE! This happens a lot.
    Victimized many times. I yelled at them. Retards. In order to get them to "take", you have to delete the keyword and resubmit.

I told them to write a retry into their routine. Add a try again button. And to pull their heads out of the ASS (submit 50 words, all to the EXACT same URL, half get denied for site not accessible, half approved... umm... little brain power needed here!)

They did incorporate 3 of 4 beta fix items I submitted to them 3 months ago, so they're making progress... but jiminees, that "website not accessible" thing is still broken!

lurk
    Just a reminder now in case anyone was interested...
    Jason

I've been having a small test going on in AdCenter, but keep having to pause it because they go in and out of dysfunctional. They are still way beta in my book.

8. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread