2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Leave it to Dell to scamm affiliates out of traffic and revenue. Dell hosting ends Linkshare program on Nov. 30th. Not only did Dell have 3 seperate affiliate programs running on 2 networks, LS and BF which do not cross track sales if you browse to different section of their ONE SITE, but they are masters at diverting sales to 800# call center. Took them 6 months of threatening e-mails and phone calls to get paid when they moved "small business" from LS to BF. After I get paid ( hopefully) at BF for last 6 months of sales I'm pulling DELL off all my sites. 1 day cookies and 1% commissions and a branded URL all suck.

ABW Ambassador
    Hello Mike...

I read recently that DellHost was either sold or merged out of Dell proper.

Obstinatedon

ABW Ambassador
    Sorry for your troubles, but your story does beg the question -- why promote someone for six months when it took six months of threatening emails and phone calls to get paid the first time?

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    I have a Cybermall section that caters to corporate and small business computer buyers. Dell is the #1 supplier into this group so I chose to give them and IBM exposure. They finally paid up back commissions and promised to play fair at BeFree with a 2% commission and less branding banners. They offered on 1% at Linkshare along with their home systems division.

I feel I owed them one when they finally paid up on a 31,240.00 sale. I ordered that one from my own links for a local computer customer in the insurance industry. They then promised to track sales of refurbished systems and notebooks which before were exclused. So they got another chance for me to see if they could produce and record sales at BF. Total Dell BF revenue in 7 months 52.40, which they still haven't paid to BeFree or even bothered to authorized payment with the voucher system.

5. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread