Question Do I put all my keywords in adwords?
    Hi, I am new to affiliates and adwords and had a general question. Please. From one of my affiliate companies I received a list of keywords. It was about 103 keywords. Was I supposed to put all those keywords in one ad?

When I did the estimate search traffic it ended up being about a $4,000 a day budget! My daily was ten bucks. Now I know that I would not end up paying more than $300 in one month, as I understand it, so was I supposed to put all those keywords in one ad?

Thank you for any help.

Don't include 103.
    Pick the 5 top ten and be sure that those 5 correlate with your site & whatever you're trying to sell.

That would be my guess. I am not involved in Adwords.
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

ABW Ambassador
    You can use however many keywords you want, all of them, none of them, just a few, you can even make up your own keyword list and use them. You need to take a good look at them and ask yourself if somebody typed that in, clicked your ad and went to your page, do you think it's targetted and will make you money? It's something you want to start off slowly with and you have a daily budget which is good. You need to keep an eye on it and monitor which keywords are working and which are not. Remove the ones that are not. I don't usually pay attention to the Google estimate because it's usually wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyWebAffiliate

When I did the estimate search traffic it ended up being about a $4,000 a day budget!
    Wow ... you'd lose money faster than a day trader.

TrustNo1 has a few good ideas.
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

Affiliate Manager PingoPrepaidCallingCards's Avatar
    Keyword Bidding Strategies
    Your Affiliate Manager should help you out with a Keyword List but sometimes the 100 plus keywords you were given, won't be as effective.

1. See if you are allowed to expand the list.

* Try Keyword Typos for low search volume
    * geo targeted keywords

2. Review your merchants rankings.

Remember a ranking in PPC is earned based on conversions or lets hope so, if you want it to be profitable. Then factor in if you can send traffic direct or to your landing page and think of that extra step in the conversion funnel process as potential loss sales

Keyword Bidding is like Stock Trading and 4k a day is a scary risk. So play the highly targeted low cost low volume game until your a pro keyword stock picking bidder.

Good Luck

Brian
    Brian Hawkins AM @ [URL=http://www.pingo.com/affiliate.do]Pingo[/URL] Earn up to $35 CPA for a [URL=http://www.pingo.com/p/onedollar/onedollar.html]$1 trial offer[/URL]!
    [URL=http://www.twitter.com/TelecomAgents]@TelecomAgents[/URL] [URL=http://www.twitter.com/telephonecard]@TelephoneCard[/URL]

6. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread