Toys "R" Us, Amazon.com Agreement Severed
    I wonder if they'll eventually come out with their own program...

Toys "R" Us Inc. on Thursday said its agreement to sell toys on online retailer Amazon.com Inc. has been severed by a New Jersey court, paving the way for the toy retailer to launch its own Web site.
    http://www.techweb.com/showArticle.j...leID=181500444

Shawn Kerr (.com) | Disney World | SEC Football

ABW Ambassador
    "I wonder if they'll eventually come out with their own program..."

Yep, major network soon.

Did it come out of Chapter 11?
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    The Adwhore AM firm running the eToys and Toy-r-Us programs into the ground on 4 occassions will welcome you suckers back into the fold real soon. They'll have every BHO operation and cookie stuffer into the program before it's even announced.
    Last edited by ecomcity; March 3rd, 2006 at 01:04 AM.
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

Quote Originally Posted by ecomcity
    The Adwhore AM firm running the eToys and Toy-r-Us programs into the ground on 4 occassions will welcome you suckers back into the fold real soon. They'll have every BHO operation and cookie stuffer into the program before it's even announced.
    Where are people supposed to buy toys? Children *still* play with toys, don't they?
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

ABW Ambassador
    Mike, what adwhore AM firm is running ToysRus? I do fine with them thru Amazon, will do fine with them when they open up on a network.

"Where are people supposed to buy toys?"

Walmart is pretty much the biggest toy seller nowadays. There are some nice niche type toy sellers at SAS, some good ones at CJ.

As I recall, toys r us did have their own program before they merged with Amazon but they didn't pay on any coupon sales ( or it was like pulling teeth to get your money if customers used the coupons they posted on their site), it was a mess to get paid most of the time.

ABW Ambassador
    I don't know about Toys R Us, but I heard that Babies R Us will be with a major network soon.

I'm not buying into pushing any major toy merchant outside of Boscovs.Amazon and the smaller SAS merchants. Trustno1 has no problem with SESSION ONLY toy merchants. The more brand name URLs the better to add + coupon. He does forget starting with eToys every branded toy merchant shafted all their affiliates right during the christmas season with network changes and multiple bankrupsies. Pushing Brick-n-mortar toy/hobbie merchants just drives your referral into the BHO popup hellholes, Super couponers and merchants wanting foot traffic to local stores everywhere. Ifd that doesn't kill your commission chance then the professional network and Super SEM firms have 1,000,000 toy related keywords for PPCSE cookie washing already for the launch.

Then you have the professional e-mail spammers hawking any and all toys keywords to drive fresh meat e-mail addresses ... enter your e-mail address here on someone doing SERP and POPCSE trademark spamming and watch the results. www.parentingsource4u.com

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

ABW Ambassador
    "Trustno1 has no problem with SESSION ONLY toy merchants."

Obviously Mike everybody would want a merchant with a longer cookie, you know my shoppers like buying toys from ToysRUS, so I have it there for them. I wish Amazon did, but I still make good money with them. Mike, since your merchant is at Amazon, your merchant has a session cookie too.

ABW Ambassador
    "I don't know about Toys R Us, but I heard that Babies R Us will be with a major network soon."

Oh yeah, you're right, not ToysRUS, BabiesRUS. Got the RUS confused

Yeah, it's incredible how well Amazon converts with a session only cookie. It would be great if they gave return days, but the bottom line is what matters to me.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelColey
    Yeah, it's incredible how well Amazon converts with a session only cookie. It would be great if they gave return days, but the bottom line is what matters to me.
    Are you looking for a limit on return days?
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

No, when I saw "the bottom line is what matters to me", I mean that the check I receive in the mail (or more frequently, the direct deposit I receive in the bank) is how I determine which affiliate programs to promote most heavily.

Some people look at things like return days, whether or not the merchant works with parasites, commission percentage, what network the merchant is on, and other factors. Those artificial restrictions can eliminate some merchants that perform very well. I take those factors into consideration when choosing a merchant, but the bottom line is what determines how much I promote them.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

ABW Ambassador

Quote Originally Posted by TrustNo1
    "Trustno1 has no problem with SESSION ONLY toy merchants."

Obviously Mike everybody would want a merchant with a longer cookie, you know my shoppers like buying toys from ToysRUS, so I have it there for them. I wish Amazon did, but I still make good money with them. Mike, since your merchant is at Amazon, your merchant has a session cookie too.
    Amazon as a network controls their merchants via a shopping cart. He who controls the shopping cart controls the honesty of the referral sales ...period. All else requires some trust spin. My merchant has no control over what Amazon chooses to do with their internal storefront links they pass out to their own affiliate base. Amazon is not a Holdup Suspender affiliate and pays all commissions and PPCSE fees out of their own pocket. Yoiu can bet they'd do neither if it wasn't one of their best converting storefront merchants.

Amazon is a sales drive operation and flips the bird to the Adwhore run operations who suck the dingleberrys out of the loyality program pushers butts.
    Last edited by ecomcity; March 5th, 2006 at 02:58 PM.

ABW Ambassador
    Amazon is parasite free?

18. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread