Talking Whew...... Taxes are out of the way!!
    THANKS GOD!! This weekend is going to be one of the best weekends this year... I have just finished preparing taxes with my accountant! We're e-filing the Federal ones tonight, and sending in the State ones first thing Monday morning... I am SO RELIEVED....

No wonder why Russians say: "Paid your taxes - sleep well". I certainly will tonight.

Oh, and on the accountant front - good news too! Remember how I was looking for a new accountant?... I'm sure some of you do. Well... I've managed the bargain the old one down. Ended up preparing everything for two companies at the price 25% lower than one was charged at last year!! LESSON: bargain with everyone!!

Hope everyone's entering the weekend in the same mood!

Have a sweeeeeeet weekend, everyone!

Geno

Taxes are on my list to do this weekend.

I did them myself last weekend using TurboTax and looks like the state owes me $18,577 Whoo-Hoo!!

I know I screwed up. sooo....

Deleting and starting over this weekend.

Think I could bargin with them Geno, maybe they will give me half of that...LOL
    Oregon Publishing: Web Development, Graphic Design, Domains & Marketing
    Deluxe Banners Bartender's Guide Cooking Jobs

Why do them yourself when the accountants fees are a tax write on next years taxes as it is a business expense.
    Vinny O'Hare - OPM - Contact Info email: vinny at teamloxly.com ~ 702-582-6742 Twitter

Affiliate/AM Moonlighter dflsports's Avatar
    Good pint NY, plus they usually can probe you for more write offs, things you might never thought off, my accountant has saved me thousands of dollars. I'll trade $300 for that anyday.

Quote Originally Posted by nyfalcon
    Why do them yourself when the accountants fees are a tax write on next years taxes as it is a business expense.
    Why pay an accountant when you can do it yourself? Yes, this is deductable, but if - for instance - you spend $1000 of your gross profit on an accountant and write it off, wouldn't it be wiser to prepare them yourself (if they are fairly simple) and save what's left after you pay tax on the $1000? I mean, State + Federal tax for me is 23.5%. Using the amount I've mentioned in the example, you'd end up paying $235 of tax and put the difference of $765 into your pocket. Am I not understanding something?

Geno

It's probably better to use an accountant if there's any question about your ability to do it yourself, but I've been doing my own for so many years, it would be a shame to spend that kind of money.

The new software available (like TurboTax) almost makes it impossible to miss something if you're paying attention. Now, on the other hand, if I ever get to the point where my time is more valuable than what I'm saving, it will be time for the accountant again for sure.

I really need to get moving on that tax thing, been working on sites and putting it off.

Really donít want to know how much I owe! But need to start soon.
    Just a squirrel trying to get a nut, in the Internet jungle.

Got it all worked out.

I say if you can do it yourself and your not about finding everyloop hole, just do it.

Taxes in America are that you pay to live here, work here, do business here.

If your looking for every way NOT to pay or are in need of TAX RELEIF that's just not American. That's GREED and even though I think our taxes are mismanaged right now and that there sould be a national Heath Care System in play, I still feel the duty to pay taxes when taxes are due. What is wrong with that???
    Oregon Publishing: Web Development, Graphic Design, Domains & Marketing
    Deluxe Banners Bartender's Guide Cooking Jobs

9. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread