Need Help Locating An Expired Link
    The sales and activity report is showing impressions for an expired vendor (one that left LS for CJ).

As far as I can tell, all links have been converted and there should not be any LS links for that merchant. However, since the report is showing impressions, I am likely missing the single bad link.

Does anybody have a suggestion on a fairly easy way of locating where this renegede link is?

Thanks in advance.

You might be able to use xenu.exe if the link is now dead.

Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sweat
    The sales and activity report is showing impressions for an expired vendor (one that left LS for CJ).

As far as I can tell, all links have been converted and there should not be any LS links for that merchant. However, since the report is showing impressions, I am likely missing the single bad link.

Does anybody have a suggestion on a fairly easy way of locating where this renegede link is?

Thanks in advance.
    If you don't find it, you might have an old page floating around that you forgot about. Has been happening to me for years. I finally figured out it was a very old, dead page that people must have bookmarked. About made me crazy because I knew I didn't have them on my current site.
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic

ABW Ambassador
    I don't know how it works, but I've got impressions for one that's long expired that's got no links on my site any more, but for some reason there are hits coming from Google's image search (tbe image is hotlinked from the merchant's site) that are somehow registering. Images can stay in search 'til long after they're actually gone.

Check the site stats for referrers, that can sometimes give a clue.

5. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread