Show my domain instead of amazon
    I installed the script with no problem... however I can not get it to work with mod rewrite. I have two issues I need help with please.

1. Not Found - I have changed the htaccess and ae.ini file but I get an error like this...

The requested URL /amazon/authorsearch_Michael+G.+Zinsley/mode_books/ was not found on this server.
    Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

What am I missing (going on 6 hours trouble shooting and I am stressing myself out over this stupid thing)

2. All my links are still pointing to the amazon site instead of the hosted domain... I noticed in the example site the product links direct to instead of amazon. How do I do this on my site?

-- I am more then willing to pay someone to help me, so I can focus on productive things

Toronto, Canada
    1. Check that your .htaccess file has been modified correctly. See Virtual Directory. Also, the sample .htaccess files contains references to cgi-bin/ ----- If you renamed to something else or your cgi-bin directory is name something else (e.g.: cgi-local), then you'll need to adjust the .htaccess file to access the correct URL of

2. To show product details locally, edit ae.ini and set asinsearch.format to "details6" (see Sample "Details" Format Templates for other values). If you mean that all links go to the home page ( then that means that you don't have your ae-key.txt key file installed; it goes in the same directory where is located.

Yours truly,
    Cusimano.Com Corporation
    per: David Cusimano

Thanks... I do have the key and I think I got it all straightened out so far. I am going to play around and let you know.

4. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread