Arrow PPC worth trying?
    I have been driving traffic for quite some time now using both Google and Overture PPC ads with much success. I am also eagerly awaiting the full release of MSN Adcenter, which, I have heard will be a great addition to any PPC advertiser.

I have read and researched many different reports, articles, and forums regarding other second tier PPC companies (Miva, 7search, Kanoodle, Enhance, Searchfeed, etc) and an overwhelming majority of the feedback obtained from these sources has been negative. Most claiming click fraud, low or no conversions, and click spikes to name a few.

My question is this.........are there ANY other viable PPC ad sources out there other than the 3 I named above? What are your experiences with these second and third tier PPC agencies?

I have already tried out MIVA, but had very dissapointing results. I am still using SEO techniques as well, but would like more of a variety to choose from when it comes to paid advertising.

John

ABW Ambassador
    "What are your experiences with these second and third tier PPC agencies?"

You get what you pay for. Some might have different experiences, but i've tried some of the second and third tiers and I'll be sticking with the major 3. The ads show up on sites I've actually heard of and alongside the search. And you said you've already had much success with them, I would just use them even more then.

my opinion is the lesser known PPC's are absolute garbage. Better to buy some text links on high traffic sites, or maybe adbrite or blogads if you Have to diversify.

Google and Overture have been great for me, and I have no doubt that MSN will be too (when I get time). But the others have been garbage. I suppose you could make it work if you assume that you'll get 1-10% as many conversions, but the volume of conversions just doesn't make it worthwhile even if you could generate a positive ROI.

The only exceptions I've seen are some of the shopping/price comparison sites, but most of them only take feeds from merchants.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

Lite On The Do, Heavy On The Nuts Donuts's Avatar
    Big 3 only. The rest are junk. Many of them will have you contributing to spam, adware, spyware and more by paying them - and you'll still be getting a poor or negative ROI. Instead of thinking you need more places, work hard on doing better at the places you already are at. Contrary to the internet press, it's possible to get lots of traffic at fair prices at the big three if you focus intently on relevance and specificity.

Thank you all for your informative feedback. I will consider beefing up my keywords list and possibly testing out paid advertising on a few large websites that pertain to my niche.

In the meantime, publishing articles and posting blog comments and posts will be the task at hand.

John

7. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread