Cragslist refferals?
    I was looking over my logs for a site and I recieved over 50 refferals this week from a craigslist posting.

I traced down the posting and it was deleted by the poster. It looks like it was posted in the stuff for sale area. I didn't post it and I'm trying to figure out who would have posted a link to one of my affiliate sites?

Has anyone ever have this happen?? I can't figure out the motive for it.
    Suz~~GearGirl~~

It's not unusual for somebody on Craigslist to link to a product page on somebody's site to show an example of what they are selling.

One time somebody on Ebay managed to link to a particular item on one of my sites and the traffic actually generated a few sales.

Yeah my conversions shot through the roof and its a 40% merchant so I've already made a pretty penny.

Since I couldn't see the listing (it was deleted) I assumed it was something nefarious(?)
    Suz~~GearGirl~~

I have had customers post deals from my site there, and sometimes they get a huge traffic but nothing recently. Usually they figure it is site owners posting is so they delete it, but sometimes it stays for a bit. They get loads of traffic there but people usually post lots of spam there so they have a good system for deleting it. Enjoy it while it lasts and hope whoever posted it will post again, ha ha

5. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread