Network Rep & ABW Ambassador Carolyn - ShareASale's Avatar
    Dynamic Daily Coupon Banner
    Okay, we're trying something new here. I'd like to create a network wide daily coupon banner, that features great coupons from multiple ShareASale merchants. Curious to see if there is any interest from you guys? Basically, you'd host a standard size banner, and we'll update it on a daily basis with a steal or deal from one of our premier merchants. It'll include the deal, the coupon code and the expiration date, plus an image of the product on sale.

I'm testing the idea out with one merchant, CrazyForBargains, which sells slippers, jammies, robes, your overall sleeping wardrobe. See below for an example, and you can check it regularly to see that it updates daily. Comments and kindly worded criticism much appreciated!

Tracking Link:
    http://www.shareasale.com/r.cfm?b=52577&u=!!USERID!!&m=5181&urllink=&afftrack=
    Image: http://www.shareasale.com/image/daily_120x240.gif
    best,
    Carolyn
    ShareASale Client Services
    Y!: SAS_CTang
    e: ctang(at)shareasale.com

Carolyn:

I'm intrigued by the idea, but 1. Image not showing up, so can't speak to the banner you're working on and 2. What if we're not signed up with all the merchants? I can see that becoming an organizational nightmare for somebody.

ABW Ambassador
    Great idea. I love dynamic banners, they get permanent homes on my sites.

Network Rep & ABW Ambassador Carolyn - ShareASale's Avatar
    Hmm...I see the banner, must be because I updated it earlier this morning and it hasn't propagated across the servers yet? Will have to ask Brian...

As for "What if we're not signed up with all the merchants?" Good point! I suppose I would have to provide you all with a list of all participating merchants in advance. Wouldn't be too hard, I could plan out the coupons at least a month in advance and post the merchants here.

Also, the idea is to limit the participating merchants to SAS Premiers, i.e, merchants that pay on time, and that we haven't run into any issues with.

ABW Ambassador
    You know what would be great since CJ doesn't want to fix the problem. For SAS to have something like the CJ Smartzones. Where I can just go thru and pick a bunch of same size banners from various SAS merchants and get some javascript and put it on my site. I know it's a big undertaking but it would be nice.

edit, just tried out the banner, works and goes to the right place.

I can see the banner now too. I do think it's a good idea and I agree with the suggestion Trust made. I've used the CJ smartzones and it's nice.

Maybe you provide a list of available - we check off the merchants we want, pick a size and grab the code.......

Quote Originally Posted by TrustNo1
    You know what would be great since CJ doesn't want to fix the problem. For SAS to have something like the CJ Smartzones. Where I can just go thru and pick a bunch of same size banners from various SAS merchants and get some javascript and put it on my site. I know it's a big undertaking but it would be nice.
    What he said!
    [SIZE=2][FONT=Tahoma][COLOR=RoyalBlue]He who asks is a fool for five minutes...but he who does not ask is a fool forever.[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE] :rolleyes:

Carolyn

I love the idea of this! Really Really do! I can set and forget. set+forget=$$$
    Vinny O'Hare - OPM - Contact Info email: vinny at teamloxly.com ~ 702-582-6742 Twitter

Great Idea!!
    Ray Thomas
    Webmaster Resources: http://DesignerWiz.com
    ABW Board Category: Programming / Coding
    http://forum.abestweb.com/forumdisplay.php?f=190

10. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread