ABW Ambassador
    Well...it's official...BeFree has booted me out of their network for no reason. Here is the e-mail I received overnight:

Dear Tom,

We regret to inform you that TH Media has been removed from the AffiliateRecruiters.com program. Again, you are being removed from the program as part of a re-focusing effort for the program. AffiliateRecruiters.com is removing the following recruiters from the program:

§ Recruiters that have produced fraudulent applications.
    § Recruiters that have not generated leads prior to September 1, 2001.
    §Recruiters primarily outside of the United States or Europe.

We appreciate your previous participation and wish you the best in the affiliate market place. Also, if you have any AffiliateRecruiters.com links up, we do advise that you remove them. Lastly, don't hesitate to contact me directly at Recruiters@befree.com

Regards,

Micah Jones
    AffiliateRecruiters.com

I haven't produced any false applications, I've had sales prior to Sept.1 and after Sept.1. We are also located in the U.S. I have no clue as to why we were booted. I have received several e-mails over the past few weeks saying they were cleaning house, however, I was never worried about it since I met their criteria. Now Get This....For those merchants that I didn't meet their monthly minimum amount, we will NOT get paid. In fact, I don't think we will get paid from any merchants since I can't even log in...my entire profile has been removed.

Tom Pyles

ABW Ambassador
    I got the same thing. It is an email from the befree affiliate recruiting program, not befree itself. I believe you are eligible for their merchant programs. Personally, I have started the removal of all my "befree advertising at my expense" links, and plans are underway for the removal of all Snare merchants as well, save one. I have not produced any commission with Reporting.net, or from any of their merchants. I have produced commission with only one Snare merchant - coolsavings.com. This is for a period of at least one whole year, and still no commissions. With CJ I am raking in, but the others I am not. I have generated commission, though I havent reached the min. yet, with cpabank - couponsurfer.com @ 15 cents a lead (around 15 bucks so far).

[ 11-30-2001: Message edited by: Big Chuck ]

ABW Ambassador
    Chuck,
    I was under the impression that was for their affiliate program as well (Referral Program)...however, when I try to log-in, I'm unable to saying my account doesn't exist. I finally received a reply from them, however, it was a generic one telling me to check their knowledgebase. I don't push BeFree products that much anyhow because I've had several instances where the merchant drops BeFree, and we haven't met the minimum with that merchant, we won't get paid. This has happened several times, including MP3.com which is still listed as a merchant, but when you attempt to get your links, it says they no longer have their affiliate program.

Tom Pyles

ABW Ambassador
    Chuck,
    I stand corrected. A second reply from BeFree has arrived. The problem with me logging in was on their end, but my account wasn't deleted. The problem is resolved and I can log-in. You are correct about it only being their referral program...which is what I thought until I couldn't log-in. It's fixed, but I'm not happy since I've sent them 8 referrals for their affiliate program and all sites were approved and now active. I'm still out the money that they owe me.

Tom Pyles

ABW Ambassador
    yep, it's too bad. You need to follow up on the referrals, and ask "befree advertising on the backs of affiliates" if they will compensate you for your take on the referall bounties. Good luck. I will be taking all their ads down, with barnes&noble being the exception. I have not made anything from any merchant at befree, but barnes&noble as I understand, is a good merchant.

ABW Ambassador
    I received it too but I wrote back.

Here is the heading of their email

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Subj: Stremlining
    Date: 11/30/01 8:52:28 AM Central Standard Time
    To: dealsamillion@aol.com
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

and here is what I wrote back....

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Micah,

Thanks. I had worked so hard promoting you LOL. I don't feel quite so bad being dropped by a piece of e-mail that has the subject line misspelled.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I got a good chuckle out of it.

Mike

7. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread