Lightbulb Submitting artilces to Blogs or webpages?
    I have been getting very creative on some of my current Wordpress blogs and now that I have a few setup, I will be working on posting more articles to them.

I have always been extremely curious to know if posting my articles to blogs will benefit me in the same way as posting articles as an html webpage on my site when considering SEO. If both reside on my server and both have the same navigational panel, wouldn't the blog pick up visitors from the SE alot quicker and be more intuitive for my visitors to comment?

I have had a great deal of success posting articles to my blog and driving PR and traffic upstream. It seems that the SE's pickup these articles alot quicker than standard HTML pages. Do I even need to worry about posting the same articles from my blog to a static HTML page too? Would there be any benefits to posting articles twice like this if your blogs navigation works just like your website?

John

Blogs are in and all content added to a blog increases your reputation amongst the powerful network of bloggers. As soon as any content becomes blog content, it becomes part of that blogging community and in many cases will reach more people more quickly. The only disadvantage I can think of is that if you had a large amount of duplicate content it's possible Google might not like it, but if it's working for you I'd keep at it, blogs are powerful tools so use them well.

Cheers,
    Jeremy

Question
    Quote Originally Posted by grafx77
    I have been getting very creative on some of my current Wordpress blogs and now that I have a few setup, I will be working on posting more articles to them.

I have always been extremely curious to know if posting my articles to blogs will benefit me in the same way as posting articles as an html webpage on my site when considering SEO. If both reside on my server and both have the same navigational panel, wouldn't the blog pick up visitors from the SE alot quicker and be more intuitive for my visitors to comment?

I have had a great deal of success posting articles to my blog and driving PR and traffic upstream. It seems that the SE's pickup these articles alot quicker than standard HTML pages. Do I even need to worry about posting the same articles from my blog to a static HTML page too? Would there be any benefits to posting articles twice like this if your blogs navigation works just like your website?

John
    Do you use your blogs on a separate site and point to another site or is everything you do on one big site? Thanks.

Removed Manual Signature
    Search engines love new content, and if the article is on a blog or an html webpage they still like the content.

I have articles on my blog, which is hosted in blogger. I hosted the same blog on my site, (not using keyword.blogspot.com)

I like posting articles on blogger, because there is a great internal link structure. The archive, categories and links inside blogger blogs are set in a way that SE like.

Same with wordpress. Your article will not just be on a single webpage but also in archive, rss and more links.

Karl Smith
    [Removed Manual Signature]
    Last edited by DesignerWiz; November 18th, 2006 at 11:57 AM.

Thumbs up
    Great, I learn much from you!

The more you submit to, the more exposure your articles get. Goodluck pal

Blogs are the best option as they have a huge audience and you can get lots of traffic. By interacting with the other bloggers you can get more views to your blog. Try link building to your blogs to get them indexed in the search engines.

Wordpress and other blog systems use ping-o-matic to ping various popular search engines such as Technorati and many others. This is done automatically each time a post is published on a blog which means that your posts get indexed right away.

This is not the case with stand along web sites, but although ping-o-matic was created to use with blogs, you can ping web sites as well.

Just be sure not to ping your sites more than once every 24 hours or ping-o-matic will ban your site. Visit http://pingomatic.com/

I found this article plugin for wordpress if anyone is interested. It allows you to run your own article directory list on your blog. People can then submit articles to your blog.
    http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/...ectory-script/

10. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread