Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Affiliate Network Dilemma
    I'm a brand new Affiliate Manager and I need to choose a network. I'm planning on paying out substantial comissions on $150-$500 products and I want to make sure I am getting max visibility for buck.
    I've researched CJ, Direct Track, Link Connector, Clickbank, Clickbooth, and a few others. There just seems to be too much information out there both good and bad.

ABW Ambassador
    For merchants that want to be on a network, I would say SAS or CJ. And you can be on both. They go 1-2 in best network voting. What are you selling?

Products
    "For merchants that want to be on a network, I would say SAS or CJ. And you can be on both. They go 1-2 in best network voting. What are you selling?"

I'm selling tickets to our Real Estate Wealth Expos in about 7 cities across the USA. We've got an all-star line up including Donald Trump as speakers. I've been doing a lot of research but everytime I want to make a decision, I read something bad about the network.

Affiliate Marketing Consultant Andy Rodriguez's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Gjm2424
    I want to make sure I am getting max visibility for buck.
    Join SAS and hire an OPM with established relationships = "max visibility for buck"
    Andy Rodriguez Consulting, Affiliate Program Management and Consulting Services, Since 2001
    www.andyrodriguez.com | E: abw@andyrodriguez.com | P: (888) 931-ANDY (2639) | Skype: affiliatedoctor | AIM & MSN: AffiliateDoctor | Subscribe To Our ABW Forum Posts | Follow me on Twitter | Join Our Affiliate Programs

I'm selling tickets to our Real Estate Wealth Expos in about 7 cities across the USA.
    Hmm, the network may not matter here, honestly, you are in a tight niche.

You will definitely need a very seasoned OPM with alot of relationships to call upon for a quick ramp up. We do not really focus on that market but you can ask around here if any other AM or OPM would be willing to help you....

I would still go with SAS, lowest start up costs for the buck and all the tools you need. Again, the size of the network here won't help you much....quality in recruiting the right affilaites will give you the best ROI..... JMO
    Andy Rodriguez Consulting, Affiliate Program Management and Consulting Services, Since 2001
    www.andyrodriguez.com | E: abw@andyrodriguez.com | P: (888) 931-ANDY (2639) | Skype: affiliatedoctor | AIM & MSN: AffiliateDoctor | Subscribe To Our ABW Forum Posts | Follow me on Twitter | Join Our Affiliate Programs

Cool
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy Rodriguez
    Tight niche, indeed!

Quote Originally Posted by phillyburbs
    Tight niche, indeed!
    Now, if you have an Expo in Philly, Karl is the man to call ...

Lead Generation Program instead?

You will definitely need a very seasoned OPM with alot of relationships to call upon for a quick ramp up. We do not really focus on that market but you can ask around here if any other AM or OPM would be willing to help you....

I would still go with SAS, lowest start up costs for the buck and all the tools you need. Again, the size of the network here won't help you much....quality in recruiting the right affilaites will give you the best ROI..... JMO
    Someone also suggested I look into lead generation programs from Valueclick or Azoogle. You know anything about those?

Expanding
    Now, if you have an Expo in Philly, Karl is the man to call ...
    Well, we started with 1 city a year and a half ago and now we're in 7 cities. So D.C, Philly, and other areas may be next. We've got one coming up on the 25th & 26th in San Fran and it sold out last week. 60,000 registrants.

Someone also suggested I look into lead generation programs from Valueclick or Azoogle. You know anything about those?
    Stay away from both LOL....

Here's my free tip for you after doing some quick research....

1) Join SAS
    2) Hire an OPM
    3) Promote your expo, (limited product reach) but it was your first idea...
    4) Promote all your online learning courses...(more sales volume potential)

Don't limit your offerings...the web and affiliate marketing have no location limitations ....

Professional affiliates know and use all the networks.

SAS will give you the biggest bang for the buck.

Some other networks may have more registered affiliates but they won't help you reach your target of professional affiliates any better than SAS because the pros in this business use them all and check them all.

Additionally if you look at the overall picture, you will find fewer complaints and they will be of a less serrious, heated nature with SAS. They have the best reputation by far.
    The answer you seek can be found here.
    http://forum.abestweb.com/showthread.php?t=69638
    SAS won by a landslide.
    Comments are opinion unless otherwise noted. Remember, pillage first. Then burn. Half of all people in the world have IQs under 100. You best learn to trust ol' SSanf!

Thumbs up
    Well, we started with 1 city a year and a half ago and now we're in 7 cities. So D.C, Philly, and other areas may be next. We've got one coming up on the 25th & 26th in San Fran and it sold out last week. 60,000 registrants.
    Thanks for the plug, Andy!

Quote Originally Posted by SSanf
    Professional affiliates know and use all the networks.
    SAS will give you the biggest bang for the buck.
    Some other networks may have more registered affiliates but they won't help you reach your target of professional affiliates any better than SAS because the pros in this business use them all and check them all.
    Additionally if you look at the overall picture, you will find fewer complaints and they will be of a less serrious, heated nature with SAS. They have the best reputation by far. The answer you seek can be found here.
    http://forum.abestweb.com/showthread.php?t=69638
    SAS won by a landslide.

Thanks to everyone for all the great input. Wish me luck!

CPA Network Rep
    If you can handle large volume and your conversions are rock solid - Clickbooth is your best bet. All Affiliate Networks are not created equal. We actively promote your campaign for you and only work with the best of the best publishers.

CPA Network Rep
    Also as a sidenote our top Advertiser Campaigns are paying out for our publishers well over a million a month right now.

Quote Originally Posted by integraclick
    We ... only work with the best of the best publishers.
    Hey, wait a minute ... does that mean we're not the best of the best?

:-(

You may want to look into DirectTrack as well. All the recommended programs above work great as well, but be sure to view all your options to make sure you get the most 'bang for your buck'. Digital River has recently bought out DirectTrack, which should help with the exposure and overall functionality of DT.

CJ is always a great way to go as well, just try not to get lost in the thousands of programs already listed there.

I'm not too familiar with SAS, but am aware of it and have heard good things about it. Have you looked into ClickBank at all?
    Last edited by Jon@Fluxads; March 9th, 2006 at 05:20 PM. Reason: I can't spell!! :)
    [B]Jon Lyons[/B]
    Director of Affiliate Operations
    [EMAIL="jon.lyons@fluxads.com"][SIZE=1]jon.lyons@fluxads.com[/SIZE][/EMAIL][SIZE=1] | 1-877-GO-2-FLUX | [URL="http://www.fluxads.com/"]FluxAds.com[/URL][/SIZE]

[SIZE=1]LinkedIn: [URL]http://www.linkedin.com/in/jrlyons[/URL][/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by FluxAds.com
    You may want to look into DirectTrack as well. All the recommended programs above work great as well, but be sure to view all your options to make sure you get the most 'bang for your buck'. Digital River has recently bought out DirectTrack, which should help with the exposure and overall functionality of DT.
    CJ is always a great way to go as well, just try not to get lost in the thousands of programs already listed there.
    I'm not too familiar with SAS, but am aware of it and have heard good things about it. Have you looked into ClickBank at all?
    I've looked into all you have mentioned and probably about 5 others as well. I've read message boards, review articles, made phone calls and had demos. I'm leaning toward SAS since it's low risk for starters.

Internet Cowboy
    Can't beat SAS. I am a full-time affiliate and I work with most every network. Day in and day out SAS is the best network out there of any size. There are a lot of new networks popping up on every street corner and they are all imitating SAS.

you can be up and running pretty quickly with SAS.

on first pass, i would say stay away from CPA ... unless you can run a small, SMALL test with a co. that will really qualify the leads ... last thing you want is to hand your call center 10,000 D-rated leads ... unless you want a pit full of seething phone reps ...

plus, this tale of woe ...

To me it sounds like SAS is the hands down favorite. We ourseleves use Clickbank, DT, and CJ and a couple others with no complaints. But something like what you are trying to set up, it sounds like SAS would be right for you. A network like Azoogle, Clickbooth, or even us would not really be a good fit to start your program for now.

Good luck!
    [B]Jon Lyons[/B]
    Director of Affiliate Operations
    [EMAIL="jon.lyons@fluxads.com"][SIZE=1]jon.lyons@fluxads.com[/SIZE][/EMAIL][SIZE=1] | 1-877-GO-2-FLUX | [URL="http://www.fluxads.com/"]FluxAds.com[/URL][/SIZE]

[SIZE=1]LinkedIn: [URL]http://www.linkedin.com/in/jrlyons[/URL][/SIZE]

Lite On The Do, Heavy On The Nuts Donuts's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by elephantgroup
    you can be up and running pretty quickly with SAS.

on first pass, i would say stay away from CPA ... unless you can run a small, SMALL test with a co. that will really qualify the leads ... last thing you want is to hand your call center 10,000 D-rated leads ... unless you want a pit full of seething phone reps ...

plus, this tale of woe ...
    ElephantGroup,

Would like to contact you offline. Don't think you have PM privileges yet - if you do, please drop me a PM. If not, since you're a merchant, could you please post your email addy or advise me on contact method otherwise?

Or if I just need to go through you ABW profile info to reach you, just let me know (tried a month ago and my email bounced).

Thanks,
    Donuts.

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Seems the problems with using the CPA networks is you can't STOP getting the unsubscribes from their hidden e-mail blasting partnerships even when you pull the campaign. Go with SAS, unless your in the financial lead arena... then just go away.
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

Donuts-

Reach me @ gsantore@elephantgroup.com

Quote Originally Posted by ecomcity
    Seems the problems with using the CPA networks is you can't STOP getting the unsubscribes from their hidden e-mail blasting partnerships even when you pull the campaign. Go with SAS, unless your in the financial lead arena... then just go away.
    I'm in the Real Estate arena. Think Donald Trump.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast