2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Lots of discussion at ReveNews over the fact thta BeFree's bank bounced hundreds of affiliate commission checks earlier this month. Whats up with this as it seems their management has tried a PR spin coverup claiming bank stopped processing their checks due to fraud.

WOW! That's incredible!

I guess they are dead meat!

Sorry to anybody who lost money with them. :eek:

Affiliate Marketing Consultant Andy Rodriguez's Avatar
    Mike,

Why do you imply that it is a PR spin? Shouldn't you check your facts before you launch and post such remarks?

I understand you may not like the way BeFree conducts their business, but as a merchant, and you as one of my affiliates, i think you should refrain from such posts.

ABW Ambassador
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>but as a merchant, and you as one of my affiliates, i think you should refrain from such posts.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

whoa, Andy... I personally think EcomCity.com is out of line, but trying to influence what your affiliates say about some other company on a public message board?

tsk tsk...

I got a letter from them explaining what had happened. Even though my check was not affected by it, I thought it was nice of them to send me a letter anyway.

They have stated that everyone who had problems can redeposit their checks. The explaination sounded plausable.

Vicki [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

ABW Ambassador
    I'm using a Tiger Direct computer right now. P3 500 MgHz, 13 GB. I have had it for over two years, and still havent had any major problems. My only problem is, even though I got an extended warranty the customer service isn't as glad to help me as the sales people were when, on occasion, I have called. anyhoo, just thought I'd throw that in. 'puter does allright for me. maybe I ought to sell them too :cool:

Nevermind

[ 11-27-2001: Message edited by: SpongeBo ]

I had a BeFree commission check returned. They alerted me right away via email that there was a problem and then sent me a check for an additional $50.00 to reimburse me for my inconvenience. I was appreciative of the forthright and expeditious manner in which they handled this situation.

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>I understand you may not like the way BeFree conducts their business, but as a merchant, and you as one of my affiliates, i think you should refrain from such posts.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Apparantly you have confused "affiliates" with "employees", Andy!

I just checked out your site. THREE PERCENT commission!!! :rolleyes:

Someone is supposed to censor himself for that?

[ 11-30-2001: Message edited by: Leader ]

ABW Ambassador
    nevermind

[ 11-30-2001: Message edited by: Big Chuck ]

I got 2 checks returned as well today. One from Goto.com and the other from Kiss.com. I didn't get any email explanations. Who do I contact regarding this?

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Andy;
    My remarks regarding BeFree's bouncing several hundred affiliate checks was true..not some rumor. Several "super affiliates" with checks amounting to thousands of dollars even bounced a second time. You can see from my CyberMall ecomcity.com that I showcase BeFree's TigerDirect at over 40 pages and get you over 1000 impressions and 70 targeted clicks per day. TigerDirect computer deals do entice buyers and after several months of "tracking pain" your shopping cart now records the sales. I earned over 225.00 in Sept-October which should come to me real soon as soon as you or BeFree release the funds. I, Like others, was concerned that BeFree would holdup payments over the bank bouncing BF checks. BeFree has yet to respond to the affiliate community to clairify the situation and rebuild the trust issue. Your one of the few BF merchants that care enough to respond to e-mail requests and complaints. The others hide behind BF's total lack of commumication and overall excuse thta affiliates have to take all problems to the merchants. Well ..this isn't a problem caused by the merchants. It cannot be swept under the carpet and we need to know steps have been taken to assure it won't happen again.

13. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread