Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Affiliate Marketers Lazy? I Don't Think So
    I was upset after reading a post about affiliate marketing on another site: http://www.smallbusinessbrief.com/fo...ead.php?t=3439

Here's a direct quote: "You need to understand why it is that people want to become your affiliate in the first place. People become an affiliate because THEY ARE LAZY! Generally, they want to get into a business where they can do no work and make money."

He went on to call the commission rate the conversion rate so he doesn't have any credibility, however the notion that there are people who believe this is no work is ridiculous. A great many of us work diligently and put in a LOT of time at this.

ABW Ambassador
    Probably just jealous and broke. And his site is ugly too.

ABW Ambassador
    Yes, I am lazy
    but I don't think I can make money by being lazy. I have to work hard to earn money with Affiliate Marketing or for that matter anything else.
    The Best Forums
    Nothing in the world can take the place of persistance
    . Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistance and determination are omnipotent.
    Abestweb Store

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    People become an affiliate because THEY ARE LAZY! Generally, they want to get into a business where they can do no work and make money.
    Gee I wonder whose posts could have ever given him THAT idea? *fake innocent look*
    W*rk...that's what scripts are for...

But, unfortunately, he didn't keep his attention focused long enough, or he wouldn't have said this:
    Think of them as employees.
    BZZZTT! Wrong!
    *Sends electric shock through his keyboard for emphasis!*

We are NOT employees. Not yessirring to a boss is the main point of doing this rather than empl*yment. "Thinking of them as employees" (and therefore slipping into "make demands" mode) is a good way to make sure you don't have too many affiliates...
    There is no knowledge that is not power. ~Hemingway

ABW Ambassador
    We are NOT employees. Not yessirring to a boss is the main point of doing this rather than empl*yment. "Thinking of them as employees" (and therefore slipping into "make demands" mode) is a good way to make sure you don't have too many affiliates...
    Exactly, being on your own is the main reason we enjoy AM - totally opposite to that of being an employee.
    The Best Forums
    Nothing in the world can take the place of persistance
    . Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistance and determination are omnipotent.
    Abestweb Store

Ha ha! Every other forum I visit "lazy" is the most frequent description. There are also many pairings of the word scheme with Affiliate.
    I think a lot of the problem is there are many people who gave up because AM is too hard. They leave behind really horrible sites, that of course never get updated.

ABW Ambassador
    i don't think he is totally wrong in saying that affiliates are lazy, though he is incorrect in the context he is putting it.

anybody who works hard, including you and me, might feel insulted BUT there are indeed lazy people who come to this field looking for easy bucks.

i will stop here as i don't want to give ideas to new lurkers.

Quote Originally Posted by TrustNo1
    Probably just jealous and broke. And his site is ugly too.
    and his mother dresses him funny.

That means that if you want them to do what you want, you need to do it all for them. So you need to provide them with emails, copy, and preferably a website to put up.
    Yes, I have to thank all those I affiliate with for giving me Skaboodle. And I must say I appreciate the new design they put up for me a week or so ago, valid XHTML 1.0 Transitional no doubt, they went the extra mile for my lazy ass! I have to also thank them for producing the scripts for me that download their datafeeds, import them all into the database, spit out category links and also generate the pages for those categories on the fly.

Man, I'm too lazy to ever do any of that.

Moron.

I particularly like his big, awesome drop-shadowed text images. And the neat heavily embossed menu links. I've got to learn how to do that, maybe I'll succeed even more!

Shawn Kerr (.com) | Disney World | SEC Football

That's a shame. And Leader, regardless of how many scripts you run, you know you work... C'mon... Even just a little?

I always find it interesting when people call affiliates lazy. Especially other web masters. They must realize how hard it is to get traffic to new sites in this hyper competitive environment, as well as how hard it is to keep traffic with all the similar sites that pop up daily.

That's why it MUST be jealousy. What other motivation would there be? There's no difference between an affiliate working to get people to click a Buy button and a non AM webmaster like the one above working to get someone to read his worthless blog or the 19,000th e-commerce forum started this month.
    Kevin Webster
    twitter: levelanalytics

Kayak Fishing
    Web Analytics and Affiliate Marketing

Lazy!

I just don't ever feel I have enough time.

Didn't bother to click the link to read the article, the quoted blurb was enought for me no to give him traffic to his "ugly site"...and would like to see the pic of how his mother dresses him.
    Oregon Publishing: Web Development, Graphic Design, Domains & Marketing
    Deluxe Banners Bartender's Guide Cooking Jobs

I certainly aspire to be lazy. And, as soon as I can, I am going to be!
    Comments are opinion unless otherwise noted. Remember, pillage first. Then burn. Half of all people in the world have IQs under 100. You best learn to trust ol' SSanf!

There are two kinds of laziness. One is good. One is bad.

The good kind of laziness is when you're too lazy to do the same thing over and over again or too lazy to do meaningless work, so you automate it. This is the kind of laziness that can make you go far. The more time you can free up, the more time it leaves to do truly meaningful work and/or to enjoy yourself.

The bad kind of laziness (and the one most people think of) is when you just don't want to do anything. You'll never get anywhere like that.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

I'm determined to be lazy and I am going as hurry as I can go!
    Comments are opinion unless otherwise noted. Remember, pillage first. Then burn. Half of all people in the world have IQs under 100. You best learn to trust ol' SSanf!

That's spoken like a true affiliate marketing failure. He probably busted his ass doing all the wrong things and never made money. I know tons of affiliate marketers (myself included) who you will find in front of their computer on evenings and weekends, holidays, etc. Some may be lazy, but to generalize all affiliate marketers as lazy is just rediculous.
    [B]Jon Lyons[/B]
    Director of Affiliate Operations
    [EMAIL="jon.lyons@fluxads.com"][SIZE=1]jon.lyons@fluxads.com[/SIZE][/EMAIL][SIZE=1] | 1-877-GO-2-FLUX | [URL="http://www.fluxads.com/"]FluxAds.com[/URL][/SIZE]

[SIZE=1]LinkedIn: [URL]http://www.linkedin.com/in/jrlyons[/URL][/SIZE]

ABW Ambassador
    Maybe it just seems that we're lazy because we enjoy what we do? If I enjoyed roofing or doing drywall all day long and had a good time doing it, perhaps someone might see that as being lazy. I guess that's typical of someone who's probably a miserable failure at something, if not everything, that he's tried, which I'm guessing the author of that BS is...

I do have to admit that while my Internet access was down for at least 5hrs yesterday, I did comment to my fiance that at least I'm still making money while I can't be working online... of course I did get a bunch of stuff ready for when we got access back this morning.
    Hi, I'm a signature.

What the heck is wrong with being lazy???

If you are smart and clever and can do 100 times the much as someone else in the same time frame, you have earned your leisure!

Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SSanf

If you are smart and clever and can do 100 times the much as someone else in the same time frame, you have earned your leisure!
    EXACTLY!
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic

I like to think of affiliates as dealers. Read what Lee Iacocca had to say about dealers in his autobiography! They are your most valuable customers and you've got to keep them happy (if you want your business to grow)... If they are happy, you'll end up being happy too.

Geno

In the sense you're using it? Nothing. But what you mean is working SMART. There's a big difference. Lazy people wouldn't have a site up at all.
    Kevin Webster
    twitter: levelanalytics

Kayak Fishing
    Web Analytics and Affiliate Marketing

Quote Originally Posted by Herb ԿԬ
    and his mother dresses him funny.
    ...and he smells of wee.

He also refers to affiliates as employees. Guess I should be asking about health insurance, vacation time, sick days, workers comp, and a retirement program.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

Lite On The Do, Heavy On The Nuts Donuts's Avatar
    and to be paid in a way that's not directly linked to performance...

I truly believe jealousy and ignorance are huge drivers behind his & others' faulty thinking.

Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Celicaphile
    Maybe it just seems that we're lazy because we enjoy what we do?
    This is what pisses people off the most. Most people are working at something they don't enjoy. We are doing what we love, creating our own success and not relying on a paycheck from a boss. And that's LAZY? HAHAHA -

My mother and ex husband love to throw the "lazy" word at me, mostly because I sleep more than they do. LOL Meanwhile I have created a business out of nothing and I'm the only one supporting and caring for my 2 kids. Hmmmmmmmm ... it pisses them off that I haven't fallen off the face of the planet because I've refused to be boxed into a corner of "misery" like they have endured to survive and they hate that I'm happy without being subservient to them or anyone else. It's not lazy, it's SMART. My best comeback is: "I'm taking a nap ... and I"m STILL making money. What's the problem?!"

Independent people get a lot of shit from people who just can't stand that we're not dependant on them (mostly out of a pathetic need to control us) or conventional methods of survival. They're envious and jealous and they can go stand in a long line with the rest of the nay sayers. Belief in our ability to be self-sufficient is gonna piss off the traditional types every time.
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast