Is Google's stock stabilizing?
    does this mean that it will go to $60 - $80 and stay there?

Personally, I think it's fairly valued anywhere from $200 to $400 right now. That'll probably go up over the years assuming they continue to grow at a good pace. I have a hard time seeing any scenario where they would drop to $60-$80 anytime in the near future.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    Just read where their stock dropped by about $10.00 a share but it will certainly rise again. When it drops like this seems the time to scoop it up and sit.
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic

s
    Quote Originally Posted by Rexanne
    Just read where their stock dropped by about $10.00 a share but it will certainly rise again. When it drops like this seems the time to scoop it up and sit.
    It's about $337. If it goes under $300 I'll think about it. I think it's still badly overpriced at the moment.

But what do I know?
    Affiliate Marketing - The hardest easy money I ever made.

Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by missdonna
    sIt's about $337. If it goes under $300 I'll think about it. I think it's still badly overpriced at the moment.

But what do I know?
    Donna, I know you know your stock stuff. I'd listen to you if I invested in stock. :-)
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic

Like I have said before it is easier to make money on a $20 stock that will go to $40 than to figure out Googles real price. I have googles stock figured at $480 using Jim Cramers multiple factor. Will I be buying anytime soon No
    Vinny O'Hare - OPM - Contact Info email: vinny at teamloxly.com ~ 702-582-6742 Twitter

Ms Dumb Ass ... but, *NOT* Today! westgroup's Avatar
    Speaking about stock...does anyone have a favorite house to go with, if someone just wanted to buy a few shares of different companies...You know, small type stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by westgroup
    Speaking about stock...does anyone have a favorite house to go with, if someone just wanted to buy a few shares of different companies...You know, small type stuff.
    Try http://www.scottrade.com/

They rank highest with JD Power and cost $7 a trade

http://consumercenter.jdpower.com/cc...ment/index.asp

Quote Originally Posted by nyfalcon
    Like I have said before it is easier to make money on a $20 stock that will go to $40 than to figure out Googles real price. I have googles stock figured at $480 using Jim Cramers multiple factor. Will I be buying anytime soon No
    Given their explicit policy of not giving detailed guidance for how they expect to do in any given quarter or year, you can expect their price to be very volatile, no matter what it is at the moment. That approach has surprises built in. Especially in light of their high P/E multiple.

It's not gonna be a smooth ride. But maybe an interesting one.
    A joy shared is a joy doubled.
    A burden shared is a burden lightened.

Google needs to make money, stop losing lawsuits, and stop with the open source crap.

Their hireing 50 odd people a week. They have missed earnings expectations. They got caught mis stateing their potential earnings.

Googles stock will drop a lot.

Google is making plenty of money. With 2.6 billion dollars in profit in the past year, that beats probably all but the top 100 companies in the world.

I considered the lawsuit a big win for them. $90 million is nothing for a company making billions of dollars per year.

As for open source, they're desparately trying to diversify and I think that's a good thing. I don't think they'll ever find anything as profitable as PPC and other online ads, but the more they can increase their reach into other areas, the better they'll be able to hold and increase their search market share.

As for hiring new people, that's good. They're a growing company, and they should be hiring new people.

They missed earnings expections because people are expecting too much. A company (especially one that size) cannot double earnings every year indefinitely. Even if their earnings growth slows to 80% next year, 60% the following year, 50% the year after, 40% the year after that, and 35% in five years, that would raise their EPS from $5 over the last year to $40 in five years. If their stock dropped to a P/E of 30 by then, that would still be $1200 per share.

I just don't see a lot of potential to drop unless or until there are some major shakeups in the industry or unless their earnings growth drops even more dramatically than the example I gave. If there is a big drop (even to $200 or $300) without one of those things happening, I'll be all over this, as their potential is huge.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

Former google employee(?) puts his two cents into the jar...

http://xooglers.blogspot.com/2006/03/speaking-of-trouble.html

Quote Originally Posted by Electropulse
    Former google employee(?) puts his two cents into the jar...

http://xooglers.blogspot.com/2006/03/speaking-of-trouble.html

Fascinating worthwhile two cents. And the comments following it show that nobody understood a word he said.
    Affiliate Marketing - The hardest easy money I ever made.

ABW Ambassador
    Not really interesting, his point is damning for buying almost any stock. It is an investment, you are making a bet it will go up from the price you paid for it. Thats all, pretty common. He doesn't seem to have an understanding of the stock market in any shape past pretending to be ted turner.

I agree with nyfalcon. For the average investor playing with stucks sub $50 is the way to go. I still use ameritrade and am happy with them.

So hardware geek, google should stop doing all the things it brought them to this place and instead now act conservatively? That is the kiss of death for a company like google.

Chet

I use Sharebuilder for my stocks, I use the automatic investment set up that they have. It is a little expensive if you make a lot of real time trades but I am happy so far. I have used them for about a year.

I got out of the google game around 450 and threw all the money at vistaprint which was at $20. Last I looked it was around $32 this went up in around 2 months. I figure "I buy what I use" and since I was buying business stuff with them I might as well invest in them. I also threw some money at Proctor and Gamble since I use Gillette razors which they own. This is also a safe stock as there will be another crash sooner or later and a nice dividend too.

My third stock is Paccar which makes big trucks and knowing that California emmision standards on trucks is changing soon and everyone that has a truck needs to replace their truck out there it makes sense to own a company that makes trucks. Once again nice dividend too.
    Vinny O'Hare - OPM - Contact Info email: vinny at teamloxly.com ~ 702-582-6742 Twitter

Google's revenue is mostly based on Adsense right? Both Yahoo and Msn are working on similar projects and I believe that these will cut into Google's profit's in the future.
    What all these SE,s must do is clean out all the irrelievent sites that clutter up their sites. I believe that one of these is going to do these and become the SE of choce and along with this their AD programs will increase. Are Google shares worth ten times more then Yahoo? I don't think so.

yes, google's revenue almost all adsense, the question is how much of that is comes from click fraud...???

if google doesn't get rid of those scraper site right now then I see more trouble for them in the future.

I believe that most of Google's revenue and an even larger chunk of their profit comes from AdWords ads on their own properties (Google Search, Froogle, GMail, etc.). AdSense is a fairly large chunk of that, but they share about 70-80% of that with the publisher, so it contributes much less to the bottom line.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com

19. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread