Hello,

I am doing great in india for my placement site www.hothrd.com .

I am thinking of expanding .. doing some online marketing for the site ... I want to explore the US, Europe and other world markets.

While the business model of a placement service charging money from the Jobseeker and not the employer is highly popular in India and most jobseekers are willing to pay.

I don't know much about the foreign job-markets .. most of the employment sites that I've seen give free resume posting to jobseekers and paid job-posting and resume searching to employers. My business model charges the jobseeker for resume posting and the employer is given the oportunity to search resumes on my site for free.

Please tell me if should I venture into the foreign markets with this "reverse" Business model?

Thanks in advance,

Pranav.

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    "While the business model of a placement service charging money from the Jobseeker and not the employer is highly popular in India and most jobseekers are willing to pay."

I'd say that'd be Certain Death for you in the US. Here, employment agencies will PLACE seekers with specific employers for free!

While most of these are low-level jobs (that SUCK for the most part, or those employers wouldn't need to pay the services), there are some that deal with executives, as well.

And the really big-time executives are contacted by "headhunters" who--you guessed it--don't charge the job seekers.

There are a few paid agencies, but a person would have to be really desperate and practically unemployable to use one... all ranks of prospective employee, from janitor to CEO, have free agencies they can go to.

And, of course, there's the zillion free job posting sites as well.

You need to check the applicable laws in the country you are dealing with..

..for instance, in the UK it is ILLEGAL to charge jobseekers for registering for a job, you can ONLY charge the employer after they have been appointed. There are a lot of laws covering "Employment Agencies" - so be careful.

You can read about the UK laws here.

On the other hand, you are operating "offshore" - so that could have some advantages [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

[ 12-04-2001: Message edited by: Dynamoo ]

4. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread