50% adsense click thru - what is happening?!
    I repositioned a couple of my adsense ads yesterday, as my click through rate was not good on one of my sites. When I checked my adsense account, I had a 50% click through rate! What is happening? I am worried that one of my competitors is repeatedly clicking my ads to get me banned? How can i stop this, and will it get me banned - please help

More Cheesier Than Ever Cheesehead's Avatar
    I don't think you will have a problem. Google has the technology to handle this. Just keep all your pages in compliance.
    This World is Not My Home
    We're gonna go inside, we're gonna go outside, inside and outside. . . And then we're gonna go go go and we're not gonna stop til we get across that goalline! Quotes from the movie Rudy, 1993

You might want to contact them to let you know of your concerns. When it comes to click fraud, they often shoot first and ask questions later.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

does it have anything to do with a bot running throught your server? Look into the last visitors if your on cpanel and see if it has any information for you.

Thank you all for your advice. I emailed google adsense straight away and told them of my concerns - so they don't think I was doing it. By the end of the day, my adsense clicks were down to 11%. Still high, but today they have gone back to normal, so hopefully whatever it was has stopped.

Ms Dumb Ass ... but, *NOT* Today! westgroup's Avatar
    It's funny but, AdSense is one of the few ways of making money that most fear a good click through rate.

That is true; I know that when I check my stats and see great performance, I have a feeling of joy and fear all in the same moment.
    Just a squirrel trying to get a nut, in the Internet jungle.

Hi Barbiegirl - thanks for the message which you sent to the autoresponder on my richerbrat site. Fortunately google can monitor these things - lucky for me, I am living in a different country to the people who have been doing this, which helps tremendously. If I were them, I would be more concerned about what happens to their rankings when they get caught.

You know - the hilarious thing is - I thought the google adsense attacks were happening on one of my other websites, not my richbrat site, which is just a site I'm using to make sure others don't get ripped off. Having a site with honest ebook reviews means sometimes you make enemies. How can everyone expect people to give glowing reviews of their books all the time? I would be happy if someone wrote an honest review of any ebook I wrote. To most people - the "glowing click on my affiliate link reviews are bullshit". Most people want something more sincere - and from now on I'm going to post even more sincere reviews.

10. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread