Can't check off that I've read Terms and Conditions?
    I was hoping someone might know how to get around this problem. When I try to join Zappos' affiliate program through CJ, I have to indicate that I have read and accepted their Terms and Conditions by checking a box. For some reason, however, the box is greyed out. I thought it might have been because I hadn't actually clicked on the link to the Terms and Conditions (i.e. I hadn't actually read them), but opening the Terms and Conditions doesn't seem to un-grey the box.

Can anyone tell me what I might be doing wrong? Thanks!

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    After you click for the Ts & Cs, they should appear in a popup.

Scroll down to the bottom of the popup. There'll be some sort of button to click to signify your acceptance.

Click that.
    THEN go back to the app, and the checkbox should be checkable.

And, of course, it's a good idea to actually read any extra Ts & Cs merchants come up with.
    There is no knowledge that is not power. ~Hemingway

In the Advertiser Detail (a new window) is a link to their "Special Terms and Conditions". You can follow the link (a new window) and read them, but not accept them.

If click on "Apply to Program" (a new window) then there is a check box alongside "Yes, I have read and accepted the July 20, 2004 Special Terms and Conditions". Checking the box is not possible until you have followed this particular link (a new window) and... at the bottom of the T&C is an "accept" button

All of this could easily happen within a single window, but I think it best if CJ doesn't consider any more improvements to their system
    [URL=http://ProxyGrader.com]ProxyGrader.com[/URL]
    How anonymous is your proxy?

I thought it was a pretty ingenious way for CJ to make sure you actually read them (or at least scrolled down through them). The "Accept" button is at the bottom of the terms.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

Thanks everyone - I just didn't see the "Accept" link at the bottom of the T&Cs. All signed up now!

I have scrolled through many agreements. I couldn't imagine how much time it would actually take to read ( and even scarier, comprehend) them all....

7. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread