Cell Phone Merchants Stink
    Today is the day that I stop promoting any cell phone merchants. After checking out my site and clicking on some links to my merchants all I am finding is things like azgoogle ads leading towards ringtones and other stuff that I wont be getting paid for right on the merchants site.

Tomorrow is the day that I start to create pages on what online cell phone merchants I will never buy from and urge my readers to do the same. Shame on me for trying to get people to click on these sites and buy a phone.

Hopefully these pages will disturb someones bottom line. sounds like a good time to test the new msn adcenter out and make them pay outright to be on my cell phone sites.
    Vinny O'Hare - OPM - Contact Info email: vinny at teamloxly.com ~ 702-582-6742 Twitter

Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    You could always use Amazon links but they pay lousy rates. Adsense sounds like a plan. :-)
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic

I dont use Amazon anymore for that reason. I have them on my book site and get 3 cents when someone buys a book. Just havent gotten around to replace them yet.
    Vinny O'Hare - OPM - Contact Info email: vinny at teamloxly.com ~ 702-582-6742 Twitter

I use buy.com since they pay well and also cingular pays well and pays ontime.

Funny that you mention Buy as I dropped them this morning as a non performer on another one of my sites. Not their fault on this issue they just werent pulling their weight or I was not doing my job with them, lack of time playing with these so called cell phone merchants.

I don't want to mention names but isn't it a coincidence that the few parasite friendly am's stay out of the cell phone game altogether. I am not saying who I was promoting is a parasite program just filthy with leaks and such which in my book is the same thing.

Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by nyfalcon
    I dont use Amazon anymore for that reason. I have them on my book site and get 3 cents when someone buys a book. Just havent gotten around to replace them yet.
    I understand. Amazon commissions are a joke. The only time I use them id if I can't find another merchant with the products I need. At least I trust Amazon, even though they make it next to impossible to make a credited sale with all their restrictions. It might be worth using them for a month or so just to see how well you might have converted cell phones on those pages. :-)
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic

ABW Ambassador
    I wouldn't do cellphones, but I would do cellphone accessories if the site had no leaks and paid a decent percentage. That is, if I could figure what type of site to do it on after being brainwashed with certain niche markets for a couple of years.

Accessories are low-priced enough to sell, no commitments or contracts.

Got rid of amazon a long time ago for cell phones they didn't work either. As for trusting Amazon I don't do that game either.

Webworker
    That is where the problem lies as it is the accessories sites that are worse then the merchant sites. I feel so much shame that I can't even tell you how much money I have left on the table. I have two niche cell phone sites and the newer site has css so all merchants have already been replaced with adesense. The older site will take about a month to find all the links.

I am glad I haven't had trouble with Verizon Wireless, Cingular, Tmobile or buy.com. But I avoid the 3rd party merchants just deal with the company directly with the exception of buy.com which uses wirefly. I wouldn't work with wirefly directly though I do with buy.com because they perform well for me.

I remember when Verizon wireless had the family plan thing if we got people to sign up to their family plan we would get 125 dollars. took them 3 months to pay but I loved that check when I got it.

ABW Ambassador
    I find the UK network affiliate-window to offer the best datafeeds, I hope to find similar US ones but the closest I have found is Buy.com but they don't carry enough different phones to build a site on that feed alone, about to check out some of the companies mentioned above now...
    Hosting Discounts from Professional Rates Hosts - Deals and Coupons on Domain Names from GoDadday, Namecheap, Domain.com and more top registers.

12. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread