ABW Ambassador
    Internal Pages and Adwords
    I was just wondering if anyone might know how to target just and internal page in Adwords. I'm trying the site-targeting, and when I click on the "advertise on this site" link it will bring up the main domain, but not the internal page that I was hoping to target. Is there even a way to target just an internal page.

Also, does anyone know of any good resources for learning more about Adwords?

Thanks!

Ms Dumb Ass ... but, *NOT* Today! westgroup's Avatar
    You could just set up a new ad with your internel link. I have a few ads that are the same with the exception of the page that the ad goes to.
    The main url is seen in all the ads, but each click sends them to a different intermal page so I can see which page does best.

There are so many ebooks, programs and webinars out right now, it's hard to tell which is the best.

Perry Marshall has always been the top AdWords dog and he may have something new out there.

ABW Ambassador
    Thank you for the help. I think I wrote my post wrong though.

What I meant to say is that I want to advertise on a specific internal page of another site, not send the traffic to a specific internal page on my own (unless you knew that and I read your post wrong).

Example:

I click the link to advertise on www site-I-want-to-advertise-on com/internal-page html.

I want to advertise on just /internal-page.html and not the rest of the site.

The traffic will be going to my main url, nothing internal on my end.

ABW Ambassador
    Anybody?

ABW Ambassador
    Not that I know the answer, but just to clarify what's being asked:

You are trying to advertise on a specific page (not the whole site) of a site in the content network that's running Adsense ads on the site, right? Like if there is a site selling all kinds of clothing and you want to target ONLY the page featuring mens clothing to run your ad on - right?

ABW Ambassador
    Thank you for helping me to clarify. Yes, I'm trying to target an individual page that I want to advertise on like you said.

I did find that Google does offer this, and it's called Site Sections. However, I am now getting an error when I type in the URL that I want to target. Also, when I go to click the links in my campaign, it shows down on the bottom of my browser that the link looks something like (periods left out intentionally here): www example com%2page html. Note the "%2" instead of the "/"

I've searched and found others asking for help with the same issues in forums, but nobody ever seems to reply. I e-mailed Google and got a response that showed they weren't quite sure of my problem (may have been how I worded it). They told me to check my browser settings and refered me to their help page on how to do that.

I guess I will just continue searching for an answer and play around with it a bit.

I'm just finding it hard to find sites to target, and many that I want to target only have certain pages that fit what I'm looking for.

Thank you again for the help guys; and if anyone else might know the answer, please let me know.
    Last edited by bpal; March 18th, 2006 at 12:09 AM.

7. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread