Did anyone else get this survey?
    I received a merchant survey from Target today, I have not filled out the survey yet. Donít know if I will, still thinking about it. Did anyone else get it?

Anyone else see a problem with these questions that where on the survey?

*On a scale of 1 to 10 with 10 being very satisfied and 1 being very dissatisfied, please rank your satisfaction with the following:

Reduced commission structure (3%) for affiliates that use coupon codes

New Variable Commission Structure (10%, 7%, 3% depending on product category)

Allowance of bidding on 'target coupons' in Q4
    Just a squirrel trying to get a nut, in the Internet jungle.

ABW Ambassador
    I got it and took it, but the way it's done is all messed up, with replies to all of the questions being mandatory. Some *can't* be answered if the reply for a previous one was no (like using feeds), and they're requiring that they be answered anyway. All you can do is guess.

I've worked in market research and seen many dozens of survey questionaires. They branch off and depending on what answers to certain questions are, the questions following will be different. Yes will have certain questions following, no will have other questions following. Naturally - how else?

That survey was NOT put together by a market research pro, they wasted their money.

Interesting, I affiliate with Target but did not get that survey (yet).
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

I agree they did waste their money, I do not heavily promote them. Although I do have them listed in a coupon mall, and they do generate a sale here and there, but noting impressive.

I would say, that if they drop the commission rate from 10% to 3% for a coupon code, I will drop them like a rock!

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    *On a scale of 1 to 10 with 10 being very satisfied and 1 being very dissatisfied, please rank your satisfaction with the following:

Reduced commission structure (3%) for affiliates that use coupon codes
    They need a survey to know the answer to a question like THAT?!?
    There is no knowledge that is not power. ~Hemingway

Quote Originally Posted by Trying to Win
    I would say, that if they drop the commission rate from 10% to 3% for a coupon code, I will drop them like a rock!
    Better get to dropping then. They added a "coupon sites" offer (113.1) on 2/1/06 and all couponers are suppose to be in that group. I think they said that anyone who focuses on coupons and doesn't opt into that offer can be dropped from the program.
    Scott
    If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, then baffle them with bulls#!t
    Don't tell me that you'll do it... SHOW ME.
    Just because everyone else is drinking it is no reason for me to drink the KOOL-AID.

There's also the other side of the coin. Wasted money equals a write off.
    Ray Thomas
    Webmaster Resources: http://DesignerWiz.com
    ABW Board Category: Programming / Coding
    http://forum.abestweb.com/forumdisplay.php?f=190

Quote Originally Posted by Leader
    They need a survey to know the answer to a question like THAT?!?

I know, in what world do they think they would get a favorable response to that question?

Nature Boy, I have no problem dropping them. And I think in the comments section of the survey, I will direct them to: http://forum.abestweb.com/showthread...5&page=1&pp=25

ABW Ambassador
    They convert nicely for certain niche products that are hard to find elsewhere, but that tiered structure is a concern, not knowing what percentage items get.

Quote Originally Posted by webworker
    They convert nicely for certain niche products that are hard to find elsewhere, but that tiered structure is a concern, not knowing what percentage items get.
    It really sounds like they are trying to improve their cash flow, and want to know what their affiliates think about them trying to screw them.

I certainly gave them my feedback. They're one of the few big merchants I never got around to promoting. With the huge commission cut, I probably never will.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelColey
    I certainly gave them my feedback. They're one of the few big merchants I never got around to promoting. With the huge commission cut, I probably never will.
    Ditto. They apparently don't need affiliates.
    leeann

Shoppers determine what has value and they like coupons. Stop manipulating who set the cookie just because you do not like coupon and promotional sites.

I received the survey, but I have not filled it out yet. It is not the first time I received a survey from a LinkShare Merchant. A few times ago I canceled the survey b/c it was being way too "nosey" for me.

14. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread