Click to Impression Ratio
    HI Everyone. Just a question. What's a good click-through per impression ratio? Right now I'm about .21%. My buy to click-through ratio is about .95%. I've heard that's normal.

Also have you couponers seen the ShopLocal site? It's pretty good and scary for us. Sorry if your not supposed to put in links. It's not my site but a scary competitor.

I've never really considered clicks per impressions as a helpful ratio. When you have 20-100 links per page, what do you consider an impression? Each link shown? You might get a 20% CTR (or better) if there's only one link on the page, but if there's 100 links on the page, some may get 1-2% but most will be far less than that. On the other hand, the overall CTR for the page (all clicks per page view) might be more like 30-50% or higher.

The similar metric I've found more useful is [Total Clicks] / [Unique Visitors]. Basically, this is the number of clicks that you get per unique visitor. For instance, if you have 500 clicks in a day and 2000 unique visitors that day, you're seeing 0.25 clicks per unique visitor.

As for conversion ratio, 0.95% is not bad, but highly targeted traffic sent to the right merchants can do considerably better than that. I average around 10%, and have some sites/merchants where I see 30% or higher.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

Interesting Michael, thanks. I didn't think of that relationship. Thanks. Have you seen the ad in the Star-Telegram for ShopLocal? What do you think?

Sorry for the local stuff everyone.

4. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread