Just going through my stats and see that I had a visit from the following:

members.cj.com/member/accounts/advertiser/mail/mer_mail_message.jsp?ar_FID=[number edited]&ar_MSGID=[number edited]&ar_inbox=1

Any idea who/what that might be? I don't ever remember getting a visit from a CJ site before.

Came back and edited out the ID numbers as I realized they might be important to someone (who should not have them) just in case.

[ 08-05-2002: Message edited by: 7-days ]

ABW Ambassador
    A merchant that you applied to, maybe?

ABW Ambassador
    Its just a cj advertiser checking out your site. I've seen those before.

Wow, it must have been a long time since a merchant looked at my site. I can't remember ever seeing one of these before.

Maybe it is the support staff looking at the problem I told them about last week. Hope so!

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    That URL tells me that it's someone you mailed through the CJ Mail system. So it very well could be them checking out the problem you told them about, if you used a CJ system to do the telling...

Either that or a merchant you may have mailed through their system. I have a hunch that your URL becomes attached to the email even if you don't specifically put it on, since I've gotten direct clicks from CJ mails even when I KNEW I didn't put the address in clickable form.

Well, if someone is checking on the problem I reported, they sure are taking their sweet time to respond. I emailed ebay and contacted CJ through their support page on August 2 and still no response. I'm continuing to get impressions, but no clicks, even when I do a test.

CJ did not respond within the 72 hours they said they would, so I sent another request. Guess what the autoresponse message said? We will respond to your request within 72 hours. HA! We'll see.

More than likely it is a merchant you have applied to checking out your site. I have seen those before. I dont understand why you would remove the ID. Please explain the concern you have here. I might need to do the same thing at some time. Doesn't CJ need the ID to track your sales. I would appreciate some clarification on this.

If the ID were left in the post, anyone would be able to view the site from the infor provided.

Best keep your URLs to yourself on this board. It may be friendly competition, but it is competition nonetheless.

quote:
    I dont understand why you would remove the ID. Please explain the concern you have here.

I was just using this as an example of what I saw. As I was not sure if the ID's would give information to others, I deleted for confidentiality reasons.

Read some of the posts about others copying web sites and you will understand why many of us are so careful.

It was probably me. I try and visit everybody's site at least once or twice a year. I like to check in and see how things are going. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

quote:
    It was probably me. I try and visit everybody's site at least once or twice a year. I like to check in and see how things are going.

Ah, the culprit has been found! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Glad to have you visit - stop by any time. Let me know when you are coming next time and I'll put on a pot of virtual coffee.

12. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread