Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Angry New Adwords scammer exposed
    I police my merchants SE listings for registered trademarks violators. Today I uncovered this complete database driven Adwords/Adsense con artist who operates www.keywordcloud.com when I saw his Google listing for registered terms Holdup Suspenders and Holdup Suspender Company.....
    Keyword Cloud - Holdup Suspender Company
    button down suspenders button on suspenders clip on suspenders cordovan colored
    suspenders fashion suspenders hunting suspenders jacquard suspenders legal ...
    www.keywordcloud.com/holdup/suspender/company - 3k - Cached - Similar pages

The perps operate www.morekeywords.com and I see Mike Nott www.nott.org wrote the automated program to bilk Google keyword advertisers. I'd suggest all ABWers and merchants to checkout how this syndicate is abusing their trademarks -brands and PPCSE budgets. Report them to Google by clicking on the "Ads by Goooooogle" link using bottom page form.

Seems they are elite Google syndication partners and manage over 1 million buying keywords all triggered by trademark/brand/domain violations to every single network merchant. Hidden Whois info.
    Last edited by Leader; March 16th, 2006 at 12:44 AM.
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

ecomcity

hi

would you be able to give a short summary of what is being done wrong, in what you have written about.

i imagine alot of people understand what you're talking about as far as what is allowed by google, but I'm not sure i completely understand what is being done against the adsense policy.

i know when you search on google for a trademarked product, ads come up for similar services or products, but i guess that is not what you're talking about.

thanks

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    It's Mike Nott at Nott.org that's behind this, according to that AdSense spam page. The .com is apparently someone totally different. I edited the post to have the correct URL.

The perps operate www.morekeywords.com and
    I'm not a perp and I'm not a scammer. I'm just a guy providing a free related keywords tool. If you don't like morekeywords.com, don't use it. I built it as an internal tool for my company and decided to open it to the public.

Ya, I still don't understand what the problem is either. Keywordcloud is spam... not many ways around that... but the morekeywords dot com doesn't seem to be a big deal. Actually it's an interesting tool (although wordtracker is better).

glad you like it. its still in beta and didn't intend on anyone seeing it yet. the database is only a fraction of what it will be once its unleashed.

con artist who operates www.keywordcloud.com

Keywordcloud is spam... not many ways around that...
    Ouch.

No matter what you believe, KeywordCloud is not an intentional spam site, it is supposed to provide a service to webmasters doing keyword research.

As it took a fair amount of development time writing the scripts and the service is free for public use, whats wrong with doing what millions of other publishers do and put Adsense on it - thats what Adsense is for, right?

Even this forum has Adsense on it. So if I create a thread called "Holdup Suspender Company" then the page starts ranking in Google and happens to have Adsense on it - are you going to call ABW 'Adwords scammers'?

Mike

From the Google AdSense TOS:

Site must not include:

Excessive, repetitive, or irrelevant keywords in the content or code of web pages

Not my call by any means, but that's how it reads....
    Kevin Webster
    twitter: levelanalytics

Kayak Fishing
    Web Analytics and Affiliate Marketing

Keywordcloud looks loke spam to me....

No matter what you believe, KeywordCloud is not an intentional spam site, it is supposed to provide a service to webmasters doing keyword research.

what service does it provide?
    Suz~~GearGirl~~

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by maku
    Ouch.

As it took a fair amount of development time writing the scripts and the service is free for public use, whats wrong with doing what millions of other publishers do and put Adsense on it - thats what Adsense is for, right?

Even this forum has Adsense on it. So if I create a thread called "Holdup Suspender Company" then the page starts ranking in Google and happens to have Adsense on it - are you going to call ABW 'Adwords scammers'?

Mike
    Bull Crap. Your a Adsense spam creator, Trademark perversion tool and createn hiding behind a rock.
    Domain name: KeywordCloud.com

Registrant Contact:
    WhoisGuard
    WhoisGuard Protected (9927a89781584ad8b6e292ade3962454.protect@whoisguard.com)
    +1.6613102107
    Fax: +1.6613102107
    8939 S. Sepulveda Blvd
    8939 S. Sepulveda Blvd
    Westchester, CA 90045
    US

Administrative Contact:
    WhoisGuard
    WhoisGuard Protected (9927a89781584ad8b6e292ade3962454.protect@whoisguard.com)
    +1.6613102107
    Fax: +1.6613102107
    8939 S. Sepulveda Blvd
    8939 S. Sepulveda Blvd
    Westchester, CA 90045
    US

Whats wrong with telling all here who you really are so I can provide you like I did Yahoo/Overture, Google Adwords and eBay with trademark protection a C&D paperwork. Your pathetic peice of SERP and PPCSE spamware at http://www.keywordcloud.com/ ain't nothing but blind doorway cloaked pages and you probably have forced click zombie Botnets splitting profits with you for landing pages via cloaked/spoofed IP #s.

You 2 post wanks haven't heard the last from me as I work sneaky too ... with the legal eagles.
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

You are in, or you are out ... choose!
    The only people qualified to determine whether a site is spam according to the Adsense TOS are the official Adsense people themselves. Anything else is pure speculation. As to trademark violations, the correct and proper course of action is again through the official Adwords/Adsense people.

Just a thought.
    [url=http://www.dWoz.com/][b]dWoz[/b][/url] - serious webmaster tools & resources.

Quote Originally Posted by ecomcity
    Your pathetic peice of SERP and PPCSE spamware at http://www.keywordcloud.com/ ain't nothing but blind doorway cloaked pages and you probably have forced click zombie Botnets splitting profits with you for landing pages via cloaked/spoofed IP #s.
    Maybe he's using these zombie botnets to send spoofed eBay & Paypal notices to scraped email addresses in order to steal identities and empty bank accounts. Then he's laundering the money through drug deals in South America and supplying the US with drugs while spending the money creating new and unique BHO's, trojans and spyware... And I bet he even drinks milk straight from the carton!!

- Scott
    Hatred stirs up strife, But love covers all transgressions.

ABW Ambassador

Maybe he's using these zombie botnets to send spoofed eBay & Paypal notices to scraped email addresses in order to steal identities and empty bank accounts. Then he's laundering the money through drug deals in South America and supplying the US with drugs while spending the money creating new and unique BHO's, trojans and spyware... And I bet he even drinks milk straight from the carton!!
    Damn, I've been caught! Lock me up and throw away the key.

what service does it provide?
    Supposed to be for LSI keyword research, but might need to change the label on the tin to make it a bit clearer for confused people.

Trademark perversion tool
    The db contains as many keywords as we can find, should we delete 'sony', 'microsoft' etc just because they are a trademark? We are not claiming to be these sites, we just have the word on our page - man, you gotta get your head round trademark infringement.

createn hiding behind a rock
    Should that be cretin? Wonderful.

Whats wrong with telling all here who you really are
    There's nothing wrong with anonymizing whois info to avoid contact from spammers and wackos. The email address they give does actually redirect through if you need to contact that person.

I did Yahoo/Overture, Google Adwords and eBay with trademark protection a C&D paperwork
    What the **** has eBay got to do with anything?

Man I just love people with crab mentalities like you - rather than using your time to increase your own income, you waste it trying to ruin other people's.

blind doorway cloaked pages
    Er, where is the doorway leading? And what cloaking is going on?

you probably have forced click zombie Botnets splitting profits with you for landing pages via cloaked/spoofed IP #s.
    ROFLMFAO. Man you're paranoid.

haven't heard the last from me as I work sneaky too ... with the legal eagles.
    Again what a great use of your time - I bet your momma's real proud.

You 2 post wanks
    I think we should have a little face to face chat about this - see you at SES San Jose?

Supposed to be for LSI keyword research, but might need to change the label on the tin to make it a bit clearer for confused people

Yeah for people like me new to the cloud concept...I didn't get it at first pass and dismissed it as spam. Which it still may be considering I still can't figure out the value in it but I haven't spent much time with it.

(I have all my domain under anonomous(?) whois. To protect myself. I don't care what anyone thinks I've been targeted one too many times through my whois to make it public anymore.)
    Suz~~GearGirl~~

You 2 post wanks haven't heard the last from me as I work sneaky too ... with the legal eagles.
    WTF! Let me get this straight, your 'legal eagles' are going to come after me for privatizing my whois info?

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by notsleepy
    WTF! Let me get this straight, your 'legal eagles' are going to come after me for privatizing my whois info?
    He actually means the birds by the way.

Affiliate Manager PingoPrepaidCallingCards's Avatar
    interesting find.
    Brian Hawkins AM @ [URL=http://www.pingo.com/affiliate.do]Pingo[/URL] Earn up to $35 CPA for a [URL=http://www.pingo.com/p/onedollar/onedollar.html]$1 trial offer[/URL]!
    [URL=http://www.twitter.com/TelecomAgents]@TelecomAgents[/URL] [URL=http://www.twitter.com/telephonecard]@TelephoneCard[/URL]

adware sabotage
    I joined this forum after I read this post about this particular adware abuser.
    My company was badly affected by this person/s and I nearly went out of business. I dont know exactly what I am legally allowed to post regarding the details of this matter but I believe I have compiled enough legitamite and solid traceable evidence to have this company investigated and charged.

Lite On The Do, Heavy On The Nuts Donuts's Avatar
    then get a lawyer, ABestWeb isn't the place to seek redress.

Lite On The Do, Heavy On The Nuts Donuts's Avatar
    and separate from your legal issue, welcome to ABW!!!

i get it
    Thanks 4 the welcome and I appreciate your input I will abide by your advice
    Any other opinions?

Verbosely Virtuous Mutt spacedog's Avatar
    Of course, before getting lawyers involved, you can simply try to contact the people who run the "service", and see if you can get them to voluntarily stop what they're doing that is hurting your business. If they don't respond in a reasonable amount of time, contact Google (or whichever search engines or other services involved) to try to make a case for rule violations. Often scammers will stop what they're doing if they can no longer be profitable using PPC methods because they've been disallowed to advertise.

If all else fails, hire a legal team and go from there.

Looks like Google agreed. Keywordcloud.com's adsense account has been suspended.

Verbosely Virtuous Mutt spacedog's Avatar
    Now if only Google would suspend the AdSense accounts of those insidious arbitragers known as MeziMedia, who plague all the PPC search engines with their MFA spam showing on pretty much every major keyword. (MeziMedia's umbrella group of sites includes such craptacular spammage as: toseeka [dot] com, shopica [dot] com, and smarter [dot] com)

I'm not wealthy or ambitious enough to get any legal charlies involved in this mess, and it's probably not illegal anyway. But it's ruining affiliate marketing and the search engines' own relevance, and taking money away from hard working legitimate marketers. All the Big Three SEs clearly know that this goes against their published vision of the "best user experience possible", yet they continue to let it go on in full force. Disgusting.

Hey, since this is a thread packed with ecomcity rants, I figured I'd add my own rant to the mix. Hmm, just checked and mezimediasucks.com is still available.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast