Question DataFeed Question Do I Need to Program?
    Hi, I am a programmer by trade, but that doesn't mean I want to reinvent the wheel.

I have several affiliates who sell the same type of merchandise. Let's say shirts. I want to put all the shirts together, taking the various datafeeds to do this.

Is there something out there that I can get as a service to do this? One of my affiliates has a datafeed as a CSV, another one said something about CJ having data feeds. I really am not sure how to proceed. I just would like to put all the datafeeds on a single site without having to write code. I loathe creating something that is already out there.

Thank you for any help.

I can't give you any leads because I coded my own... I think you may end up doing the same. Why? Anyone who codes a good one realizes the value in keeping it proprietary. I can make more money launching new sites rather than selling the software-- which would further dilute possible markets.

BTW, CJ datafeeds are also tab-delimited text files.

I'm with Hoff on this one. I wrote my own datafeed system and really wouldn't have it any other way. The tools that are available for purchase are usually tools that failed as a money maker for the author. Maybe they gave up on development and decided they'd just sell the tool. I've seen a lot of poorly written tools and have yet to see one that I would actually use. I know it's a lot of work, but if you want to do this right there's no better person for the job than yourself.

- Scott
    Hatred stirs up strife, But love covers all transgressions.

Actually you can request what kind of delimiter you want with CJ I believe. The feeds I receive from them are comma seperated.
    Suz~~GearGirl~~

Hmm I'm going to request my datafeeds are delimited by dollar $ign$ to impress the ladies.

Question
    Quote Originally Posted by suzigeek
    Actually you can request what kind of delimiter you want with CJ I believe. The feeds I receive from them are comma seperated.
    Thanks everyone.

Does CJ give datafeeds for every affiliate?

CJ charges a $200 "integration" fee unless you have $10k in sales any previous month.

Well I found one... I won't venture to guess what it costs; the lack of pricing structures on the website would lead me to guess it is quite high. The docs make it sound impressive... beyond what my tools do by a longshot, but I am more niche and this is meant for very large mall type comparison sites.

http://pricethat.co.uk/documentation/

demo

http://pricethat.co.uk/

Thank you.

If it is the same Hoff that introduced me to this forum, Thank you. Also, looks like the link u provided seems to help me on my deals web site.
    Let me try it.

11. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread