Angry Where's the meat?
    I received an e-mail from swimsuitsforall. It offered a link to a special sale page. The link, however was a direct link to the site with no affiliate code attached.
    I emailed Brian asking for an explaination. Brian must have forwarded it to the merchant. Twice my question of how would he know who to credit affiliate commissions to, was answered by Moshe with an unresponsive, "you will be paid as a regular affiliate commission"
    My question is still, with no coding, except a straight www.swimsuitsforall.com, I see no way I can be credited with a sale. And if not, is this not an unethical practice on the part of the merchant?
    Terrie
    Moonbeam Mega Mall

15 years and counting
    The link, however was a direct link to the site with no affiliate code attached.
    That's up to you to do your own coding. If you're one of their affiliates you have access to the affiliate links. Nothing's wrong
    is this not an unethical practice on the part of the merchant?
    No, it is not an unethical practice.

Some merchants or AMs, quite often prepare the email with their own affiliate coding. If you're not careful you promote them for free, it's worse.

ShareASale President/CEO and ABW Veteran Brian - ShareASale's Avatar
    Terrie,

It is likely that what they mean is that you should send traffic to that page - using your affiliate link. They may not understand all the details of how that works.

You can setup an affiliate link using the "Custom Link" tool in ShareASale which uses the UrlLink= parameter to send traffic to a specific page on the merchant site, and then you definitely would receive credit for those referals.
    Thanks,

Brian Littleton
    President/CEO - ShareASale.com, Inc.

Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    You gotta watch everything ... I recently started working with an in-house program (not on SAS) - couldn't get the 'link builder' feature on their site to work and contacted the AM who promptly sent me the code I asked for complete with HIS affiliate ID. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr - I wrote him back and gave him massive sh*t. He apologized and blamed it on tech support. LOL LOL - Yeah, good guy! The I then figured out on my own why I couldn't get the link builder to work properly and let him know what was wrong. Dip me in sh*t and tell me I'm loving it ... Too bad I like this merchant's product and it sells on my site. Now I don't trust this AM not to switch all my sales to his account.
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic

Thanks for your replys. Yes I know how to add my own code, I was simply pointing out, as the merchant should have, that to copy the link, as he requested, would result in 0 referrals. I'd also think that with my 2nd inquiry it would have given him cause to try and understand what was wrong.
    Terrie
    Moonbeam Mega Mall

As with anything else, there are different skill levels that individuals posess. Apparently this AM either doesn't get it, or lacks the skill known as "effort".

Zeus is right though. You have the means to correct the issue yourself, which is always the most practical. Never rely on a merchant or AM to do everything for you. Mistakes get made, and sometimes there are even unsavory tactics at work.

Doublecheck everything. It's your money
    Kevin Webster
    twitter: levelanalytics

Kayak Fishing
    Web Analytics and Affiliate Marketing

7. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread