ABW Ambassador
    Anybody Ever Buy Art Online?
    If so, from where, good or bad experience. I have a lot of bare walls I need to fill up, only have a Monet print up and a print from the author Henry Miller. Been checking some places out and ebay. I like colorful, think I want something original. Thanks. Also if you know a site that can break all the art down, like the differences between prints, lithographs etc.

Some of the framed art at CafePress is really nice. They have some talented folks over there.

As far as original artwork (meaning not reproductions), I've always bought in person.
    Kevin Webster
    twitter: levelanalytics

Kayak Fishing
    Web Analytics and Affiliate Marketing

I really enjoy shopping at art.com I like the way you can see the print with different frames on them. They also have a good search to help find just the right print.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

The big shots are only the little shots who keep shooting.
    -Christopher Morley

I've bought several art prints from allposters.com without problem. Make sure you buy art prints instead of posters, art prints cost more but the quality is better.

Troll Killer and best Snooper!
    I decide when the pigs fly!
    I bought a giclee from AllPosters. Love it. Very pricey to have it framed but worth it. (AP does not do framing for giclees.) I bought an art print for BIL from AP and had it mounted and framed by AP. It came out beautifully and he loves it.

Also have bought quite a few Aboriginal art prints on fabric from Samy at Native Australian. They're a very good price and absolutely stunning. Framing them wasn't so pricey since I could buy sized-to-order framing kits (also an online purchase).

Also two watercolor reproductions from an artist with a CafePress shop. Love them, too!

ABW Ambassador
    I've purchased from Art.com and Allposters, and they are both good. Rhea mentioned giclee prints, which are typically gorgeous.

Good luck!

ABW Ambassador
    Allposters looks good, just so happens they're also the one art merchant I've had the most success with affiliate wise.

Sometimes I forget they have more than just "posters" They have a huge selection, hard to choose, I need more walls or something. Had to look up what gilcee was, they're nice.

We sell art. However, it doesn't really sell well. Or not as nicely as I wish it did.

Now, we do not sell prints or re-prints. We sell actual oils and watercolors of contemporary Russian artists.

We have about 2 sales a month for such items.

From our experience, people like less expensive stuff. 55 bucks is what they are spending easily. Some would go over $100, but not too many. I guess, for real art you want to look at the piece "in person" before purchasing it...

Of course, pretty much all we sell is art. I was talking just canvases above....

Geno

You might want to check out Brustrokes.com. It's kind of a step between prints and canvas. (Don't forget to check your favorite coupon site for coupons, too.)
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

Artgazebo is a great site for this.

If you want something truly original, Etsy.com has a lot of great art (as well as all other kinds of cool handmade stuff).

Mixedgreens.com is another one I know of.
    [LEFT][FONT=Verdana]Amanda
    Affiliate Manager
    Share Results Affiliate Network

[URL=http://www.shareresults.com/ai_affiliatesignup1.php]Join the Share Results Affiliate Network today![/URL]

e-mail: [EMAIL=amanda@shareresults.com]amanda@shareresults.com[/EMAIL]
    [URL=http://www.shareresults.com]www.shareresults.com[/URL]

[I]"Ginger Rogers did everything Fred Astaire did, only she did it backwards and in
    high heels." [/I] ;)

[/FONT][/LEFT]

ABW Ambassador
    Thanks will check them out. I like some of the masters, have a Monet print, looking at this Van Gogh, but also love something original. You know, I was just looking at my Henry Miller print and Googled it and :

http://www.coastgalleries.com/miller/

It's the one to the far left on the catalog. I paid $20 for it back in 92 or so and they're selling a glicee for $4,000
    http://www.coastgalleries.com/miller...tennial-prints

Mine is a limited editon print, wonder how much it's worth. Damn he's really good, great author and he can paint.

13. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread