More Cheesier Than Ever Cheesehead's Avatar
    Exclamation Google Sued For De-Ranking a Site
    KinderStart.com sues google.

I really doubt these people (KinderStart.com) have much to stand on in their case.

http://www.breitbart.com/news/2006/03/17/D8GDKG900.html

Here's the irony: With all the publicity, this site will probably get a whole bunch of backlinks and their rankings will improve. They probably will get a bunch of other free traffic.

More irony: They advertise with AdSense on their site.
    This World is Not My Home
    We're gonna go inside, we're gonna go outside, inside and outside. . . And then we're gonna go go go and we're not gonna stop til we get across that goalline! Quotes from the movie Rudy, 1993

LMAO...
    We should all sue Google....

Influencer Marketing GravityFed's Avatar
    yeah that site isn't too impressive.. they've taken a hit just like so many others previously..especially directory sites. the kinder people, and their lawyer, should read all the discussions here about soley relying on Google for your business.

where's that little violin playin' smiley when i need it..

I understand what you are saying. But, the issue hinges on whether Google is ever deemed an "essential facility". Should that time come, they will be regulated in some manner and not be able to bann sites without just cause and explaination.

If they continue on the present path, they will eventually become an "essential facility".
    Comments are opinion unless otherwise noted. Remember, pillage first. Then burn. Half of all people in the world have IQs under 100. You best learn to trust ol' SSanf!

Google's business IS google's business. But the larger they become, the more they are becoming a public commodity, even [maybe] approaching the public utility stage. At some point their algorithm(s) may need to (be forced to?) take that into account.
    </rant>
    Bill / Marketing Blog @ 12PM - Current project: Resurrecting my "baby" at South Baltimore..
    Cute Personal Checks and Business Checks
    If you are too busy to laugh you are too busy.

The fact that they have competitors won't save them, either.
    Comments are opinion unless otherwise noted. Remember, pillage first. Then burn. Half of all people in the world have IQs under 100. You best learn to trust ol' SSanf!

Influencer Marketing GravityFed's Avatar
    SSanf I follow.. and the irony Cheesehead points out means that Kinderstart wins either way

Yes, they may get a boost in rankings and some links. Maybe, we should all sue Google to enchance our sites rankings.

But still, this issue will come up time and again, I believe.

Internet search is well on the way to becoming a public commodity/utility.

That means there will be standards and regulations regarding listings.

What's next-- suing for being dropped to the 8th page of results? It would have the same result as being delisted from the index.

Tax Paying Member
    Irony of the American Way
    Quote Originally Posted by Gary-AvantLink
    SSanf I follow.. and the irony Cheesehead points out means that Kinderstart wins either way

This is why lawyers file frivilous law suits. What do they have to loose??
    You must climb this mountain. There is no elevator. ---- Don't stick your finger in the liquid nitrogen.
    Carolina China

I don't know if one could sue for placement as long as the same algorithms are applied to all sites. But, I can see suing for being banned without just cause or explanation. Otherwise, they can ban any site that puts a bug up their ass. And, that, at this point, could be considered an abuse of power.

12. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread