Sale from July 2005 Rejected in Feb 2006 ?!!
    Code:
    Details:
    xxx.xxx	(30.00)	(20.06)	(20.06)	closed	Sale	Sale	xxxx.co.uk	12345678	4-Jul-2005 02:36 PDT	4-Feb-2006 04:12 PST	 	12345678	Detail
    That's a new one on me. Seems CJ have hit a new low. Tearing out all possible CJ links now.

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    I had one CJ hobby merchant whack every single sale from 10 months back one time. This usually proceeds turning off the CJ tracking code in their shopping cart.
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

Oh yeah, I've just investigated further and it seems all the sales I have had with this company have been rejected. Awesome. Seems they've spread the reversal dates over multiple months rather than sticking them all in March 2006 as they should have done. Talk about cooking the books. What a JOKE.

ABW Ambassador
    ain't that the purpose of the upgraded cj reporting?

to make the reversals less and less apparent.

unless you watch your balance closely, or being meticulous in prior months reporting, you won't notice the reversals of transactions that occured several months back.

Yeah, I'm so happy about those new T&Cs that gave merchants carte blanche to reverse sales months after they were paid out to me. I'm done with these shysters, seriously.

ABW Ambassador
    So who was the merchant.

It's a CJ thang.

I'm just getting paid this month for sales from random 2005 dates as early as March, and this is from a merchant that does pay every month.

It's a UK merchant - One.tel - they got bought out in December last year. I had crap with them in the past, but they were reasonably profitable. I just wish I'd moved all my links off of CJ onto another network, as I know CJ will do precisely dick about my problem.

Oh well, it's CJ's loss - my monthly earnings with them have dropped into two figures now - I can do without the stress from these jokers.

CJ doesn't care and doesn't need to. So long as they have their half-dozen or so anchor "affiliates", all the rest of us only count as a number to wave in front of prospective clients who are mesmerized by the prospect of access to tens or hundreds of thousands of affiliates.

10. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread