Looking for Hosting recomendation
    Looking for hosting with the following specs.
    If you know or own a hosting company that can provide please leave a message.

• PHP
    • unlimited Mysql
    • unlimited domains
    • some control panel - can be plesk or even webmin is fine
    • SSH access
    • SFTP
    • space 3-5Gb
    • BW 5-10Gb/month
    optional:
    DNS server

Budget below $8/month

try easycgi.com, i find them useful, and offer most of what you are looking for I know their low level account offers 50 mysql databases

ASmallOrange.com fits your needs.. it is the only one I use that is under $8-- the others are $9 and $10. I have packages with ASO, Spry, Hostgator, Hostrocket, and a few small resellers.. ASO's shared servers are the cheapest but I've also had occasional speed issues. If you can go to $10 a month, I'd go with Spry or Hostrocket.

Spry makes you sign up for their $20 package before you can have more than 3 db's or more than 10 domains.

Hostrocket only allows you 1 domain, 10 db's and you can only get it for $10 a month if you pay for a year in advance.

ASO's (best of the 3, IMHO) $10 package is well below your requirements with 1GB of diskspace, but at least they're not overselling the heck out of their servers. You also have to add $5 to any of their packages to have reseller ability. (unlimited domains)

I think it'll be difficult to find a good-quality host with the requirements you asked for and the budget you have, but good luck!

I know it is certainly possible and had found a few.
    But you are right about the quality so I want to hear from people recommendation.

Those requirements for under $8? All I can say is good luck.

This is kind of like expecting to sit down in a restaurant and have them serve you a steak, a salad, a couple of drinks and dessert for the price of a McDonald's happy meal.

You think not?

I happen to find a few, of course the rules here do not allow link posting.

Now I know without doubt affiliates are rich. Why? Because none here heard of such offering whereas I get positive responses on other forums.

I'm not being sarcastic but information imperfection is still the prime way of make money.

BTW, regarding the restaurant, it depends on where in the world is the restaurant. I could get you a very good meal with the price of your Happy Meal.
    Last edited by 59ideas; March 20th, 2006 at 05:03 AM.

You won't have much luck finding RELIABLE hosts offering that much for that little.

If not for the $8 constraint, you would have received dozens of solid recommendations here, as many others have before.

"I happen to find a few,"

I happen to know of a few dozen. But I am kind enough not to recommend them to others. I would recommend a reliable host, which would cost a few dollars more.

9. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread