I would like to run my affiliate concept by you guys
    I have a real estate network directory, that I charge $100 for real estate related companies to advertise and be listed in 5 directories which I plan on adding 1 per month that they will be listed in also. (PS- there are thousands of real estate companies already paying to be listed in directories and especially since SEO is so important alone, I feel much interest will be created) I also will allow any user to become an affiliate partner as well.

What's nice about my service is that I am offering FREE email campeign service, such as constantcontact and other big providers, I have developed my own which I will give at no cost for use, they can use for newsletters, auto responders, mass email, spam compliant, tracking of who opened and what links they clicked... these services charge $30/month and above that we don't charge at all, just the $100/year service

PLUS on our directories we have PPC and we refer business to other affiliate programs which revenue is generated and whatever income is gained our super affiliates would collect as well, so as you see we have 2 programs.

I would like your honest opinions on what you think of this program and if super affliates will find this interesting to join.

Thanks in advance
    Andrew

ABW Ambassador
    >>we refer business to other affiliate programs which revenue is generated

That's considered to be a leak on a merchant site and is frowned upon.

why is it frowned upon?

they are making more money off of it

Are the affiliates collecting 100% of the PPC revenue?
    Kevin Webster
    twitter: levelanalytics

Kayak Fishing
    Web Analytics and Affiliate Marketing

ABW Ambassador
    >>we refer business to other affiliate programs which revenue is generated

That's considered to be a leak on a merchant site and is frowned upon.
    The response:

why is it frowned upon?

they are making more money off of it
    How? Tell us how people would be making money off of it when visitors they send click on your affiliate links.

How are you tracking "commissionable actions" for affiliates for your different revenue sources, in order to pay commissions?

Is it based on your accounting figurations, or are there reliable stats that affiliates can see and track on a daily basis?

not 100%, but they would make their % of whatever I make, and of course it would all be tracked by company like directtrack.com

everything would be tracked for them by professional system, if we make revenue from other affiliates then I am relying upon their tracking of course, so i see your point on that

Affiliate Manager Sami B - Uncommon Goods's Avatar
    Andrew,

I've been reading the threads you have started and I'm confused. You don't have even have a website/business up and running and you're trying to recruit super affiliates? I suggest you read around ABW to discover what affiliate marketing is and is not and what affiliates and affiliate managers do and do not.

Talking How affiliate marketing fits into a marketing plan
    The way I see affilate marketing as fitting into a marketing plan is not as an initial source of traffic to get you started.

For an affiliate program to be successful (for both you and your affiliates), you need to have a product and a selling system that sells well. That means you need to do the work and the testing and measuring to get that set up and optimized to a competitive level BEFORE you start recruiting affilaites.

If you start from scratch and recruit affiliates but don't have the system to turn their traffic into sales, not only are you not going to get sales, you are going to waste the time you spent setting up and recruiting for your program and waste the time of the affiliates you recruit.

You end up frustrated and affiliates will spread the word about how bad your program is.

So start up with SEO, PPC and word of mouth to get you enought traffic to optimize and improve your sales process. Once it's working, THEN go and get affiliates. It will pay off far better for you.

10. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread