Hi everyone. I had surgery today on my hand (motorcycle accident two weeks ago) and will be typing one-handed for the next few weeks [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img] . To make matters worse, I am left handed and that is the hand (little finger actually) that I broke.

Bear with me until I am back up to typing 20 wpm again [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img] .

So sorry, Todd. What a pain in the kiester that must be. Well, we'll try to take it a bit easy on you and ask simple questions.

Y is for yes and N is for no. OK?

Tood,

Sorry to hear about the accident ... Get better soon ... we miss you. Thank God it was just a broken finger!

Haiko

Oh, thats a very handy excuse for getting out of answering difficult questions.

Get well soon [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

ABW Ambassador
    Todd, your presence is sorely missed, but understandable. Sorry to hear about the accident, take care healing up.

ABW Ambassador
    Hey Todd . . . I thought you had secretaries to handle all your light work!?

Oh nasty Todd, hope it heals well and quickly.

Todd this will sound funny, but when I had my tumble I couldn't use my left hand, so I used the 'pencil in the mouth' trick...was getting quiet proficient at it too [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

As southpaw too, I found it easier
    then trying to get my right hand to move quickly....

It's also a great way to cut down on smoking, drinking coffee to excess and numerous other benefits...bit hard when you've a pencil jammed in your mouth lol!

By the way, a rubber tipped pencil works best [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Todd,

Glad that you weren't hurt worse than you already are! We would have missed you around here. Get well soon!

Core [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

P.S. - Turn my tracking back on [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] hehehe

Todd,
    That sux. Best wishes.

You are very fortunate to have a minor(?)
    injury.
    Lots of terminating cycle accidents in this area -2 or 3 a week.
    At least three causes - Drink, speed, immortal mindset.
    Good luck and get back with us soon.

Thanks everyone. I appreciate your thoughts.

You're right, I was lucky. The bike wasn't - it's totaled. Thank goodness for insurance. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Sorry about that! Like Haiko said, it is good it was not worse. I'm scared of fast bikes myself. I lost a friend about about 10 years ago who took off to the store to get a pack of smokes. An old lady pulled out in front of him, and he died instantly. I know they are fun as heck, and I still rent them from time to time on vacation, but I tend to be a little over cautious. Be careful on those crotch rockets man! We do love and need you!

ABW Ambassador
    May god bless you Todd
    Best wishes [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img] We'll miss you

---------------------
    I hope its not effects to tracking [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] (just kidding)

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    I hope it heals up quick, and glad it wasn't worse (and that you have insurance [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] )!

Todd,

Wish one of those secretaries of yours would have logged on and told us about your injury. We would not have been as hard on you not being heard from here at the boards durring the last CJ crash (or whatever that was).

Get well soon - I miss your comments and insights into the mysterious world of CJ. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Todd, thank goodness it wasn't any worse!! Motorcycles can be so dangerous.

Hope you get to feeling better soon!

Vicki [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

OH NO! The bike is totalled ??!!! What a DRAG!!!!

Glad you're not! Heal well.

WOW impressive but you really didn't have to do that you know!! You have one vote for the motorcycle demolition extreme games from me.

[img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Get well soon!!!

Heal quick Todd!

And when you can type again, file the accident in the "lessons learned" folder.

All riders make mistakes, good riders learn from them. Here speaks the voice of experience! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Sorry to hear about your accident Todd, glad you are not too badly dinged up.

Looking on the bright side, now your bike is totalled you can finaly get a decent one, go for a Harley FXR lowrider [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Feel better Todd, you're very lucky it wasn't worse. I hope this wasn't due to someone having you speed back to the office to quench a fire!

I know a few good sites at a place called Commission Junction where you can search for a new bike, new insurance, etc etc... [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Sorry to hear about your accident Todd. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img] Hope you heal soon!

ABW Ambassador
    Todd,
    Hope you are feeling better and wish you speedy recovery. Take it from somebody who has kissed the asphault (and a few bumpers and fence posts), motorcylce accidents are no fun. Consider yourself lucky that it wasn't worse. I've taken a few bikes out of commission, but have been lucky enough to walk away....even though, the minor injuries are still no fun at all [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Todd,

Well so I hope you're better by now...
    Yeah I've been through many of them, but fortunately not had something broken yet....

When you're back on get insuranc ethrough one of your CJ links ; )

Todd, sorry to here about your motorcycle accident. Get better quick and get another phat ride. Don't give up the freedom of a bike.

I also drive a bike and pretend everyone is trying to kill me. This keeps me on my toes.

To everyone, If you see a person on a bike give them some room. Don't tail gate. If a biker gets a flat or has an issue where we crash, we don't need people driving over us.

Peace.

26. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread