are the affiliate managers that work off % only and no monthly retailers?
    I want an affiliate manager to really hit the pavement, activelly calling super affiliates, finding all related real estate sites that could send me traffic explaining my program, getting them to promote us in newsletter and in article directories by authors.

Are there such companies or people who will do this based on commission only?

I guess I would consider on set pay but my first preference is based on performance so they will be motivated.

ShareASale President/CEO and ABW Veteran Brian - ShareASale's Avatar
    Andrew,

It is unlikely that you'll be able to have any experienced or truly qualified Affiliate Manager who will be willing to do this on a pure commission only basis. Affiliate Managers are in short supply and high demand, there are unlimited merchants out there who need this type of assistance ...
    Thanks,

Brian Littleton
    President/CEO - ShareASale.com, Inc.

Sounds to me your looking for affiliates not an Affiliate Manager. Your not going to find an AM to work on a commission only basis. It takes time to build up a Affiliate program and your asking someone to handle the management duties of your program and promote it for free until the affiliates start producing sales.

Now the commission is a good motivational tool in addition to a wages or salary.

And what commission rate are you planning on paying the AM? is it a higher or lower percentage than the Affiliate?

there is many other reasons why this won't work. I'm sure you may hear them.
    Last edited by DavidVanHook; March 20th, 2006 at 01:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DavidVanHook
    Sounds to me your looking for affiliates not an Affiliate Manager. Your not going to find an AM to work on a commission only basis.
    I won't. Unless.............. [read below]

Quote Originally Posted by DavidVanHook
    And what commission rate are you planning on paying the AM? is it a higher or lower percentage than the Affiliate?
    Good question. Maybe he's willing to pay affiliates 5%, while the AM will get 45% (off of each sale).

Geno

Outsourced Program Manager Jorge - SHOPiMAR's Avatar
    Hello andrew,

Having some knowledge and background in real estate I would probably be the first one to help you out, but does not work the same way in AM paying only commissions since it takes time to build a good program. If you are an establsihed RE source it could make it easier though, just depends. Either way be prepared for around 5k and up.

BTW, welcome to ABW

Affiliate Marketing Consultant Andy Rodriguez's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian - ShareASale
    Affiliate Managers are in short supply and high demand, there are unlimited merchants out there who need this type of assistance ...
    Bold added by me, it's a pick and choose market for OPM's and AM's ... merchants with the proper budget to invest in the affiliate channel will draw the best and most connected OPM's...nature of the industry.
    Andy Rodriguez Consulting, Affiliate Program Management and Consulting Services, Since 2001
    www.andyrodriguez.com | E: abw@andyrodriguez.com | P: (888) 931-ANDY (2639) | Skype: affiliatedoctor | AIM & MSN: AffiliateDoctor | Subscribe To Our ABW Forum Posts | Follow me on Twitter | Join Our Affiliate Programs

http and a telephoto
    Quote Originally Posted by andrewgitt
    I want an affiliate manager to really hit the pavement, activelly calling super affiliates, finding all related real estate sites that could send me traffic explaining my program, getting them to promote us in newsletter and in article directories by authors.

I guess I would consider on set pay but my first preference is based on performance so they will be motivated.
    Not any of the good ones Would you do it?
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    I am sure some of us would take a program based solely on commission once you give us access to the statistics that show how well the program performs.

Of course, if it were a new program with no track record we wouldn't touch it.

All I've seen Andrew do is ask is something for nothing, leave the pie in the sky.
    Continued Success,

Haiko
    The secret of success is constancy of purpose ~ Disraeli

ABW Ambassador
    And that is to a big extent done up front to hit the pavement running, which you're expecting for FREE. How many hours of uncompensated time do you expect someone to put in before seeing one thin dime?

How long, and how much effort and how much ethical professionalism do you think it takes for an AM to build up a trusting, loyal following of affiliates - normal and "super" affiliates? That is an ASSET that's worth a lot - why would anyone expect that it be handed over to them gratis?

I'm not an AM and wouldn't care to be, but if I were I sure wouldn't put in untold hours of work hunting down prospects, setting up a program and referring those already acquainted with as being ethical, honest and with proven track records - with nothing more than a promise of a piece of the pie in return, from a stranger for an untested, unknown program.

based on performance so they will be motivated
    That is absolutely an "employer" mentality, and having an attitude that a professional AM is an "employee" is getting started on the wrong foot going out the gate. That is exactly the kind of thing that makes affiliates giddily joyous and reveling in the freedom they now enjoy, now that they're independent business people who don't have to be exploited on crappy j*bs any more.

How could anyone think a skilled, capable professional AM with a following got there by being unmotivated? This is a business and AMs are talented, capable professional people.

Boy, if this doesn't sound like the piece-work mentality in garment district sweatshops (before the unions came in during the depression years), I don't know what does.

Added:

The Triangle Factory Fire

That demon has not yet been fully exorcised from industry and commerce.
    Last edited by webworker; March 21st, 2006 at 12:35 AM.

Outsourced Program Manager Chris -  AMWSO's Avatar
    We have a few rev share only clients. It's hit and miss... some become our biggest earners because the deals do allow for unlimited upside. But in many cases it's a case of no budget and no hope.

Cheers

Chris
    Affiliate Marketing by AMWSO. Skype - chrissanderson ::: TEL 1-720-336-1784 ::: www.amwso.net
    Join our affiliate programs :Vaper Empire, Iolo, Art of Tea, or See ALL our Programs here

I did it/do it, but only for a person I know personally. Even though I am seeking out 2 more programs to run, there will be monthly minimums involved, even if my Mom launches a program
    Kevin Webster
    twitter: levelanalytics

Kayak Fishing
    Web Analytics and Affiliate Marketing

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Here's some truths to ponder. Until the merchant and his web designer have developed a PROVEN web site, that reasonably converts general SERP or PPCSE traffic, they shouldn't be allowed to open a network sponsored affiliate program.... period!

Drinking the "pay per performance" network coolaid traps both the newbee merchant/advertiser, and the duped affiliates, into a dishonest relationship from jump street. It should be criminal to charge setup and monthly network minimum fees to new advertisers/merchants without vetting the landing page site for conversion history. ANY network should demand new merchant/advertisers provide existing site conversion data. (average number of clicks to convert one sale) If the program doesn't have a conversion history then the network should require a PPCSE campaign be run to establish one.... before the program is launched.

Sure some new site can open a indy affiliate program on a hope and a prayer. Sure someone can throw a few bucks at Haiko and open a forum here at ABW to try and recruit active affiliates. The true facts are these so called opportunities are bogus until the program has proven results from general traffic sources. Look at all the dead merchant forums here, who have proven by lack of activity, they offered phoney coolaid promises. The better targeted affiliate traffic still doesn't validate the merchant. Creating buzz by enticing more flies around the bull crap doesn't make it smell better as a tourist trap along the Internet info highway.

Hiring a PR spin master, or AM with active affiliate contacts, to push some dead carcus on the general public, though an affiliate slave force, is totally dishonest. Even Andy Rodreguez tried to take some dead dogs and make them bark. It just doesn't work for anyone involved. A good OPM vets their merchant's ability to convert to protect their reputations. Desperate marketers need not even apply. Not even a BHO junk traffic scumbag would run this Real estate tycoon's pipe dream on a promise.
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

Affiliate Marketing Consultant Andy Rodriguez's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ecomcity
    Even Andy Rodriguez tried to take some dead dogs and make them bark. It just doesn't work for anyone involved.
    Well said Mike, we are always learning too. Some of those dead dogs sure look like they are alive at first glance...
    Andy Rodriguez Consulting, Affiliate Program Management and Consulting Services, Since 2001
    www.andyrodriguez.com | E: abw@andyrodriguez.com | P: (888) 931-ANDY (2639) | Skype: affiliatedoctor | AIM & MSN: AffiliateDoctor | Subscribe To Our ABW Forum Posts | Follow me on Twitter | Join Our Affiliate Programs

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy Rodriguez
    Well said Mike, we are always learning too. Some of those dead dogs sure look like they are alive at first glance...
    You sir are a beacon of hope to this industry. You understand it isn't the size of the checks you cut that gives traction to your OPM run programs.... it's the number of checks cut monthly that determines long term success. You never have to re-sell the affiliates that get paid monthly from pushing worthy merchants.
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

16. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread