About datafeed merchants coupons
    Hi,

I have noticed that shareasale also offers a coupons datafeed for their merchants products.

I was just wondering why none of the other merchant affiliate networks seem to offer nothing similar to this.

It would be great as it will give a good reason for a customer to visit your site as they are likely to be able to pick up a coupon and save some money.
    [url=www.gamesdash.com]Games Dash[/url] - listing many free online games that you can play.

BeFree has/had a great coupon/offer database, too. But BeFree merchants are dropping like flies.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    Are affiliates interested in creating a coupon datafeed (ABW) standard like they did the product datafeed?

At this point, I would just be happy to have one whether there were standards or not.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

I feel that a coupon feed is just important as having a datafeed. Many people may not use them, but I feel that a coupon feed would be a good addition to my site.
    [url=www.gamesdash.com]Games Dash[/url] - listing many free online games that you can play.

Post Coupon Datafeed Structure
    That would be great. Coupon feeds should become common because there are so much benefits for the merchant and affiliates.

For the merchant obviously the fast, that promotions are published quickly on a lot of sites and not when the affiliates find the time to open the email, getting the link (if not provided) and posts it manually on the website.

Expired coupons will become less of an issue, because merchants can control expiration much easier and affiliates don't have to worry as much about them anymore either.

The affiliate benefits the most when it comes to the time saving that comes along with it. Adding deals manually to the site takes a lot of time, time that is better spend on thinking about what to feature where and if you can combine offers and deals to make it even more interesting for the customer to respond to the offer.

I created a mock up for one merchant last year which they actually implemented. It's very similar to the ShareASale Feed (which I found later), but has some added features, the SAS Feed does not have. The SAS feed has some properties, that might be added to a general feed design.

Well, I will post my original specs here to get things started. Feel free to make suggestions, recommendations and also state opinions and what you think about the idea of a general coupon feed structure.

Here it goes

SKU
    Your Unique Product ID/SKU. Empty, if it is a Site Wide or Category Specific Promo.

ThumbPicture
    URL to Thumbnail Picture

Title
    Title of the promotion or Product Name the promo/coupon applies to

Type
    Type of Discount Coupon, Mail-In Rebate, Clearance, On Sale etc.
    I think we should create a list of types to make sure that merchants use the same for similar promotions. allows categorising of promotions.

SalePriceInfo
    The Catch Phrase/Short Description llike "Only $x.xx each after Rebate"

Savings
    $xx.xx off, %10 off, Free Shipping, Free Product xyz etc.

CouponCode
    Coupon Code (if Coupon code required)

Price
    Unit Price before Rebate

SalePrice
    Unit Price after Rebate

ValidFrom
    Coupon/Rebate Valid From Date/Time (adding this will allow you to promote upcoming rebates)

ValidTo
    Coupon/Rebate Valid To Date/Time (and Time Zone, Format should be standardized, like W3C Datetime

URL
    URL with Aff.ID to product/ promo landing page

RelatedSKUs
    SKU's of Items where discount applies to (delimited), If promo is valid for more than one sku but less than 10 for example.

Here is a Sample Feed as mock-up.

A column for text that states exceptions would probably make sense. Also some sort of unique identifier of a promotion (especially the ones without coupon code).

Rough, as I said, but It's something to work with and improve.
    Carsten Cumbrowski
    Marketer & Entrepreneur @ Cumbrowski.com
    Free & no BS Internet Marketing Resources

Yeah, I have noticed that some networks include the promo code within their datafeed, but some networks don't do this. It will be nice if they all could do this.

It will help the merchant and the affiliate in a big way.

8. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread