15 years and counting
    Affiliate Marketing Today and CJ
    Commission Junction To Host Affiliate Marketing Today Show!

Beginning Tuesday March 21 at 4 p.m. EST Commission Junction will host the new Affiliate Marketing Today show on WebmasterRadio.FM. Tune in to hear the industry’s only broadcast that offers both advertiser and publisher perspectives so you can get the most out of your affiliate marketing program. Listen and learn from our experts!

Listen here each Tuesday at 4 p.m. EST. Listen to the podcasts later here – click on Affiliate Marketing Today and then on View: 2006.

Haiko, what's up?

"Host(s): Brian Caldwell & Kim Dalzell
    It remains true. Business is all about relationships and this is especially so with affiliate marketing. Each week our Commission Junction hosts share both advertiser and publisher perspectives ranging from basic to advanced on how to get the most out of your affiliate marketing program and often reach out to some of the industry’s top players. Listen in, learn what the other side is thinking, and make it a win-win"

Will there be any transcripts for the shows?
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

I have a problem with the format of these shows. If you miss the small window to listen to the show live you have to wait several days if not weeks for it to show up in the archives. Unless it's done in the traditional podcast style I probably won't be listening.

- Scott
    Hatred stirs up strife, But love covers all transgressions.

15 years and counting
    I'll like to know the story behind the transfer of AMT, to CJ.
    A few years ago, Haiko was wise enough to start a message board (ABW) a few days before CJ dropped theirs and now CJ is stepping in Haiko show. Small world.

What are the motivations of CJ for that show?
    They kept the same name "Affiliate Marketing Today" I hope their first guest will be Haiko.

ABW Ambassador
    Adpimps. Ears to hear, to recruit more parasite-ridden merchants.

And anyone notice that there's a new crop now offering anemic percentages under 5%?

Internet Cowboy
    I am amazed to see CJ opening up the air waves. Better have the dump button handy! LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus
    Haiko, what's up?
    My time with webmasterradio was completely based on the ability to freely speak about issues and helping affiliates get a unified voice that would be heard with no strings nor hidden agendas. I worked for free and was never renumerated nor asked for such from any guest at all ever.

Things changed at WMR and I decided that their impetus was incongruent with mine but I continued in a very limited role and even suggested to them a few replacements but the nail in the coffin was when they aired a strikepoint show that was an hour long step by step tutorial on how to build a clickbot that could be used to blow out a competitor's affiliate or adsense account and bottom line, I will have nothing to do with anyone or any entity that allows or facilitates any entity to engages in such type activity and I left.

I'll like to know the story behind the transfer of AMT, to CJ.
    Well, The respectable people in the industry that I suggested wouldn't do it, yeah others wanted it but, WMR wanted to step up not down, so a network is a true step up but I'll say this ... If Todd left CJ, then what does that make anyone think of of CJ today? How many original top management people are still at CJ? Seriously, think about it ... Todd leaving is the true 'end of an era'.

A few years ago, Haiko was wise enough to start a message board (ABW) a few days before CJ dropped theirs and now CJ is stepping in Haiko show. Small world.
    CJ closed their board because they couldn't control it, in radio. it's easily controlled one way communication with much spin. BTW, I will note that CJ's board only had 2,308 members when they closed, we, now, have over 24K!

Above.

They kept the same name "Affiliate Marketing Today" I hope their first guest will be Haiko.
    They [WMR] think they own the name, that's OK, they don't own:
    • affiliatemarketingradio.com
    • affiliatemarketing.fm
    • amr.fm
    • nor the 50 other AM radio type domains I own.
    BTW, AMR.FM is NOW really overly overdue, gimme a few.
    Continued Success,

Haiko
    The secret of success is constancy of purpose ~ Disraeli

ABW Ambassador
    overly overdue, gimme a few
    And you know we're behind you 100%.

What's really needed by people is unbiased, objective, constructive information at all levels, and we know where to get it.

Lite On The Do, Heavy On The Nuts Donuts's Avatar
    ad clickbot = incongruent? H, holding his tongue a tad, and cracking me up!

But, as always, taking the steps we all know he'll always take.

Glad to walk on the high road with ya H.

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Fat chance they'd want to whitle away a few hours interviewing me and Charlie...
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

Outsourced Program Manager Jorge - SHOPiMAR's Avatar
    Fat chance they'd want to whitle away a few hours interviewing me and Charlie...
    First interview must, be Charlie

15 years and counting
    It was not to be nosy, Haiko, just to understand. Thanks for your answer. You did a good job speaking about the best practices in Affliate Marketing. I hope CJ will do the same and refrain from pushing BHOs and other parasites.

Outsourced Program Manager
    I've tried listening to WMR a couple times, but it is just an hour long commercial, with commercial breaks . Please, please launch AMR.fm!

http and a telephoto
    I second that motion.....
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

I just listened to the "Emerging Markets" broadcast from May 16th and am happy to see relevant and up to date issues being discussed. There was a lot of talk of Web 2.0 and the new and innovative ways affiliates are going about this industry. They were discussing issues that have been fought over numerous times here at ABW like static affiliate websites versus dynamic sites with value added. I hope future broadcasts are just as good!

- Scott
    Hatred stirs up strife, But love covers all transgressions.

Outsourced Program Manager
    Quote Originally Posted by Snib
    I just listened to the "Emerging Markets" broadcast from May 16th and am happy to see relevant and up to date issues being discussed. There was a lot of talk of Web 2.0 and the new and innovative ways affiliates are going about this industry. They were discussing issues that have been fought over numerous times here at ABW like static affiliate websites versus dynamic sites with value added. I hope future broadcasts are just as good!

- Scott
    Thanks Scott, I'll check it out...

ABW Ambassador
    Might also want to check out the replay of their first broadcast, which was clever commercial spin touting the "values and virtues" of Ebates.

Bit of background on the love making between those bed partners in this thread started by Chris Sanderson:

http://forum.abestweb.com/showthread.php?t=58237

For obvious reasons, getting into a menage a trois with those is no big deal for content publishers whose income (by their own admission, BTW) is primarily from Adsense - they're not victims of sabotaged sales. Not so with sales based affiliate publishers who rely primarily on sales for their income.

CJ is "living" proof that people don't have high expectations. But a high tolerance for failue and reckless abuse. *rant*
    [B]Samboya, LLC.[/B]
    The Finest Teas on Earth

Find our program [URL=http://www.shareasale.com/shareasale.cfm?merchantID=5379]here[/URL] .

A single sales of just one 4oz. bag of Darjeeling tea earns you over $20 in commissions! Updated abandoned cart recovery feature increases sales retention by 18%. We always work to improve conversion rates and your profit opportunity.

19. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread