Google launches beta version of finance site
    http://finance.google.com/finance

I love the way they display the stock charts, when you run your mouse over the stock chart peaks it tells you the stock price at any given time plus volume. Plus they have alphabet tags which highlight when news hit the market so you can see how the market reacted to the news.

looks crappy

I love the sliders on the price charts.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

Affiliate Manager Sami B - Uncommon Goods's Avatar
    Wow! I love it. They don't do something just do to do it like some other companies. They add features and richness no one else even thought about, yet keep it very simple and user-friendly.

I love it also - I think Bambi Fransisco needs to rewrite her story this is a winner.
    Vinny O'Hare - OPM - Contact Info email: vinny at teamloxly.com ~ 702-582-6742 Twitter

Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    Google is taking over the world. Gotta love those guys. They have great IDEAS and they implement them before anyone else does it first.
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic

I love it to bits. In Yahoo when you enter a stock quote, the stock appears on the index page as a recent quote, when you enter a stock quote in Google the stock appears as a recent quote plus Google also shows the related news for the recent quotes, the Google guys are excellent. I agree with Rexanne, Google takes 3 steps at a time. I'm sure one day Google will create a OS to rival Microsoft, IBM tried and failed, Google might just succeed.

Google betas - gotta love 'em. How long has froogle been in beta now? And they still can't fix the flippin' FTP errors I get every time I try to connect.

They need to stick to what they do best - delivering relevant search results. They are in danger of becoming a jack of all trades and master of none IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by RWorld
    They need to stick to what they do best - delivering relevant search results. They are in danger of becoming a jack of all trades and master of none IMO.
    Well, this should help the stock prices a bit

Also they have the $$$$ and the power to create and they should.
    They are fighting for privacy and they are creating "new" markets globally.
    Maybe not everybody agrees with them, but you have to give credit where credit is due.

How often do we all hear the phrase, "Just Google it...blah..blah..."
    How often do we all use it ourselves and want a high PR in the big G.

They are here to stay and they are going to be bigger than MS.
    I won't use their free hard drive space to document my life on, or trust them all the time, but they are making ground and I for one, am happy to see them do it.

Uh did I say they were fighting for privacy already....

Peace,
    Oregon Publishing: Web Development, Graphic Design, Domains & Marketing
    Deluxe Banners Bartender's Guide Cooking Jobs

Try typing in 'nikkei' in Google Finance.

I wasn't expecting to see Liberty Mutual stick quote. How about a quote on the Japan index?

Exclamation
    Quote Originally Posted by Rexanne
    Google is taking over the world. Gotta love those guys.
    Those two sentences are contradictory, IMO. Google has its upside for our business (I'm talking phillyBurbs), but they can also be seen as a competitor in some respects.

I love the finance site too.

Google has its upside for our business (I'm talking phillyBurbs), but they can also be seen as a competitor in some respects.
    If they're not your competitior today, I wouldn't take the bet that they won't be tomorrow...
    Kevin Webster
    twitter: levelanalytics

Kayak Fishing
    Web Analytics and Affiliate Marketing

Noth: Exactly.

Quote Originally Posted by JJJay
    when you enter a stock quote in Google the stock appears as a recent quote plus Google also shows the related news for the recent quotes, the Google guys are excellent. I agree with Rexanne, Google takes 3 steps at a time. I'm sure one day Google will create a OS to rival Microsoft, IBM tried and failed, Google might just succeed.
    totally agree with this - nothing better than having as much surrounding information as possible with results. I just finished a book about Googles strategy with search - at the end one of the things they said was that the future of search is about putting more 'related' type search results in an effort to give you a better answer. This is a great example of it.

If you want to see something interesting though, do a search for microsoft, have a look 'management' and then Bill Gates. There is a link there that refers you to trading history (yahoo link of all places).

Then have a look at how much that man makes in one day......

Thy shall not be afraid of competition in business! It's capitalism. Although, I'm not sure in which area Google is directly competing with, for example, PhillyBurbs, I'm sure the benefits of them surely outweigh the disadvantages. Furthermore, Google is not afraid of competition. When you enter a stock quote their search, they also display links other resources: Yahoo! Finance, MSN Money!, MarketWatch, CNN Money, Reuters. If PhillyBurbs was a prominent financial information resource, I'm sure your link would be there. There are thousand other sites who put AP quote links on their sites.

Google betas - gotta love 'em. How long has froogle been in beta now? And they still can't fix the flippin' FTP errors I get every time I try to connect. ~ RWorld
    Google's Betas has been better than most other companies' fully launched versions. Also, are you really complaining about a shopping engine that send business your way, FOR FREE?

Whether others like it or not (I like it) Google is the king of Internet jungle at the moment. And as long as they continue to do the right things at the right time, they look like they'll be a long-time contender.

SamBay:

I don't recall mentioning or inferring fear.

This is great! I love how google manages to program their web-based offers more dynamically and smoothly than most companies can even program standalone programs.

Those animations and drag&drop interactivity just blow me away.

Way to go Goog!

18. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread