Another Target link question
    The Linkshare product search function isn't recognizing any of the products I need so I had to go to Target's site to get the urls to compile an urllist.

Instead of product numbers, Target uses ASIN's on it's site and the urls end up being unnecessarily huge, like this:

click.linksynergy.com/fs-bin/click?id=mynumber*A&subid=1&offerid=11111111.1&type=10&tmpid=1124&RD_PARM1=http%253A%252F%252Fwww.target.com%252Fgp%252Fdetail.html%252Fsr%253D1-33%252Fqid%253D1142961550%252Fref%253Dsr_1_33&RD_PARM2=%253F&RD_PARM3=%25255Fencoding%253DUTF8%2526asin%253DB000E863WM

Is there a way to find the product number so that I can pop it into the standard linkshare link? (btw, I tried using the catalog number, but it didn't work)

I just wanted to say that it is tricky to find the products using the search. I always have to play with the terms until I get it right. It is a pain and I wish they could do something to make it easier.

ABW Ambassador LinkShare Moderator's Avatar
    All,
    We are looking into this and I will post once I know more.

Ranae

Bethany,

Is that a newly created link? I ask because I saw "subid=1" listed and LS is no longer using the SubID (or so they say). Any links I have created still have subid, but mine has been "subid=0", so I'm real curious as to why yours is different.
    Ron Bechdolt | Affiliate Program Management Consultant
    7 Days A Week Marketing

New links made yesterday. I did mess around with some of the numbers for display purposes on this forum, but didn't touch the subid thing.

Normal linkshare links are coming in with subid=0, but these messy long target links were made by me giving Linkshare a list of detail page urls.

Not that it makes any difference to me, I realize subid had a lovely funeral recently and since I'm pretty new with Linkshare, I never did get to know him. sniff.

ABW Ambassador
    I never did get to know him
    Sub-ID was about the best tool I had for telling which sites, sales copy and links were working for merchants and for maximizing the sales volume sent to those merchants.

Yes, we all miss Sub ID.

Thanks, Bethany, for clarrifying your subid info. It is interesting that you are getting links with both Subid=0 and subid=1 when there is not supposed to be any subid.
    Ron Bechdolt | Affiliate Program Management Consultant
    7 Days A Week Marketing

8. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread