A legendary snap approaches .... and it has nothing to do with AM
    Either I snap or I'm going to blow a blood vessel.

Power went out. No big deal, happens periodically.
    Look out the window, hey what the ... the neighbors have power.
    Grab the cell phone I keep meaning to check and the number to call the power co. Cell phone is deader than dead which is why I wanted to check it. I had left it for almost two weeks as I rarely use it and kept forgetting about it. It's pouring rain out so I don't feel like walking to the nearest pay phone, especially as I am doing laundry and all my pants are in the washer.
    Neighbors I know all work during the day so I can't go there either.
    Hold on, the other cell phone is in the bed room. It's an emergency pay as you go one that I had madawg take with her on the weekend so I know it's charged.
    Yep, charged all right, but she used up all the minutes. Did I mention it's an EMERGENCY phone?
    no prob, charged cell phone, crisp credit card in my wallet, I'll give them a call and pump it up.
    20 minutes later after being bounced around an automated system that doesnt work, an automated customer service system that doesn't work and being on hold for 15 minutes, watching my battery get lower and lower I come up with a new idea. Grap the laptop, and look to see if my buddy has his wireless router on so I can do it online using his connection. Problem is, he's pretty far away (wireless connection wise) so from inside my house I can receive from him but can't send. So to get closer I now have my laptop in the carport trying to prevent rain from falling or blowing on the puter so I can get a glimpse of internet access.
    Works, log into the cell company site, add my credit card (security be dammed at this point) and get the connection dropped. Do this three or four times and then finally have it go through when it pops up and says it cant use that card because I didn't register it and in order to register it now I will have to phone.
    Call the operator twice who each time puts me in the same circle of auto/voicemail/hell I was in before.
    Finally give up and call the new sales number instead of customer service, get through on one ring and tell them I will wait with them on the line to speak to the proper person or I will be calling back everytime they try to transfer me or hang up on me.
    Wait with "Richard" while I finally get transfered to a real person "Kevin" who then tells me nothing is wrong. I count 50 before giving him my visa number and tell him to fix it. He does, I say I'll be back and it's off to phone the power company.
    After a 10 minute hold with the phone now doing the dewoop battery dead indicator I then get told I am moving and that's why the power is disconnected.

When I can speak I say ahhh no. Not moving. Not going anywhere.

He takes my account info again and tells me a little mistake was made. I agree with him ... k it was more like, you f***ing think so? and I prepare to hear the apologies come.
    He starts with a Sorry sir, looks like I pulled the wrong account, so I cut in and throw in a "I should think so."
    I can hear him type a bit more and I ask how long until my power is back on.
    He then goes, well, sir, it seems you haven't paid your bill in several months.
    Now I go off. We have our payments come out of our account like clockwork every month. These were all set up back in October and I tell him that. He mentions that the last payment came in Sept so I go off again, go back out to the carport, log into my account to give him ...

do you know where this is going?

the confirmation numbers for each of the payments so I can stuf them down his throat, I am so mad. Well, seems I set up our cable bill, then set up our phone bill, then set up our gas bill, then set up another gas bill.
    Yep, I've been making two payments to that gas company.
    And none to the hydro co.
    Think the gas company told me I was paid up until this coming July? nope.
    Think the hydro company told me I wasn't paying? I have them set up to send email bill notifications only. If anyone remembers, back in December I had some spam issues and anyway, after much filtering finally go that taken care of. So it would seem, somehow I have the hydro company on my black list. Now, completely embarrased but still p/o'd I ask why wouldn't anyone phone. Looks like we got two calls from them in the last week or so, both of which went to voicemail. On the cell phone. The one I haven't checked for nearly two weeks.

I hate mondays.
    ================================================================
    Been away, now I'm back. Not as much, but I'm back & starting from scratch. Where I was, was fantastic. Where I am now, less so. Things have changed, become harder. So have I. Game ON!!!

sigh ... it's Tuesday isn't it?
    Been away, now I'm back. Not as much, but I'm back & starting from scratch. Where I was, was fantastic. Where I am now, less so. Things have changed, become harder. So have I. Game ON!!!

Internet Cowboy
    I hate Mondays too, but this is Tuesday. LOL

edited to add: Same problem here. I know it is the weekend when my girlfriend is home for the day. Otherwise I am nearly oblivious to what day of the week it is.

Only You Pop... Only you... You do seem to lead the "charmed" life sometimes. Hope you get it all fixed up quick!
    Heidi
    "Happy are those who dream dreams and are willing to pay the price to make them come true"

ABW Ambassador
    Maybe madawg come home and make it all better?

Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    Dang Popdawg, you've had a helluva morning.

Time for a - next week, you'll be able to laugh about this.
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic

ABW Ambassador
    You know, get your quack on.

Quote Originally Posted by Rexanne
    next week, you'll be able to laugh about this.
    In years to come you'll think back and say "That was crap"

Commiserations Popdawg, I feel your pain.

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Poor Popdawg. Sounds like that TV commercial where the guy is trying to reach customer service through the automated phone support system. You could try sending smoke signals up like the indians did ...with all the smoke coming out your ears.

Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

Can't blame him for not knowing it's Tuesday. One company told him it was Wednesday, another didn't bother to tell him what day it was at all, and he didn't have power to verify any of it... What could he do?
    Kevin Webster
    twitter: levelanalytics

Kayak Fishing
    Web Analytics and Affiliate Marketing

Troll Killer and best Snooper!
    I decide when the pigs fly!
    Oh brother. Two sure cures for this type of rage.

1. Primal scream. Into the phone preferably.
    2. Large quantities of beer.
    You'll feel better tomorrow I'm sure, however i doubt you'll be laughing at this next week.

the power's out, what about the trout in the freezer? oh, my . . .

I'm sure people have become roof snipers over less than that. But then again, they were all charged up.

Hope that's the last day like that you get for awhile - but I'm truly impressed by your resourcefullness. I might have started out with a nap and missed quite a bit of the rest.

Geez,

That made me tense just reading it.

All the wonders of modern technology. Better you than me PopDawg, I have high blood pressure, I'd be dead by now.

Sheri

Figured I should follow up.
    It was close. The way the day had gone things could have become ugly real quick.
    So I did the only thing anyone in my situation could do.

Said screw the diet and went to Dairy Queen.
    One Ultimate burger meal, Poutine and a banana split may have saved life as we know it.
    Even then, it was still touch and go, but then ... the creme de la creme, the icing on the cake of life, the lemony goodness in the middle of a lemon danish liberally covered in frosting ..... mmmmmmmm danish ... ahem ... then the power was back on in time for me to watch a hockey game where the Canucks [b]ACTUALLY WON[\b]
    I know, I know, you all don't think it's possible, and to tell the truth, I didn't either but it happened, they actually won.
    Playoff hopes still alive with the added bonus of beating a team from albrrrrrrrrrrta. Not quite Calgary, but it'll do.
    Lastly, I checked the trout before the game and saw they were all still ok in the freezer, just waiting for the next time Jack pops up his little head

I think .... I think I'm going to make it

Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by popdawg
    Figured I should follow up.
    It was close. The way the day had gone things could have become ugly real quick.
    So I did the only thing anyone in my situation could do.

Said screw the diet and went to Dairy Queen.
    One Ultimate burger meal, Poutine and a banana split may have saved life as we know it.
    Even then, it was still touch and go, but then ... the creme de la creme, the icing on the cake of life, the lemony goodness in the middle of a lemon danish liberally covered in frosting ..... mmmmmmmm danish ... ahem ... then the power was back on in time for me to watch a hockey game where the Canucks [b]ACTUALLY WON[\b]

I think .... I think I'm going to make it
    Good for you Popdawg! Comfort food and a good game does the trick every time. :-)
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic

17. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread