Power of the web
    I had to renew my car tax (160 per annum) by the end of the month. Normally this entails waiting at the post office for bloody ages in a line with a load of other people doing it at the last minute too. Guaranteed to wind everyone up, especially the guy in the middle of the queue who just wants a couple of stamps.

You have to take along your MOT certificate to show your car is roadworthy and your insurance details, so it also requires hunting about in the nether regions of what I laughably call my filing system for want of another phrase.

This time, the renewal form said "Renew your tax online". So I thought I'd give it a go.

Input the code number, it found 1/ me and my address, 2/ my car, its reg no. and all other details, 3/ The details of my MOT certificate filed by the garage, 4/ details of my insurance filed by the insurance company. Paid the bill with my card and I was done, 5 minutes, no queue, no hunting for vaguely remembered paperwork, no swearing.

I love the internet

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Ward
    ...so it also requires hunting about in the nether regions of what I laughably call my filing system for want of another phrase.
    I call it my "chronological filing system". The newest stuff is at the top of the pile.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

ABW Ambassador
    Just reminded me that I didn't update my drivers license yet after moving with the new address. 2 minutes and 8 bucks later and i just printed out a temp license until they send me the new one in the mail. Nice

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar

I haven't renewed my license or registration via offline methods in years!
    There is no knowledge that is not power. ~Hemingway

We dont use them license thingy's here we just hotwire the car and use it until we feel like it, then we take it apart and sell the pieces on ebay.
    Vinny O'Hare - OPM - Contact Info email: vinny at teamloxly.com ~ 702-582-6742 Twitter

Me neither. Now if there was just a way they could remind me to put the new registration sticker on the windshield once it shows up...
    Kevin Webster
    twitter: levelanalytics

Kayak Fishing
    Web Analytics and Affiliate Marketing

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelColey
    I call it my "chronological filing system". The newest stuff is at the top of the pile.
    I remember an old B&W Sherlock Holmes film where he's ranting at his housekeeper (Mrs. Brown?) for cleaning his study, claimed he knew exactly how long stuff had been there according to the depth of the dust layer.

My works similarly, but more to do with proximity to the keyboard, it migrates away as it gets older.

8. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread