google ads in forum message part
    Hi,
    I have made a forum freejavaguide.com/forum . When i post messages I want to post the google adsense ad as a part of the message. But when i copy and paste the code it appears as it is. Is there a way i can post the google ad as a part of the message. Also is it that i am going to be banned by google if i do so.
    Regards,
    Hemanth
    Last edited by Haiko de Poel, Jr.; March 25th, 2006 at 06:21 PM. Reason: removed hotlink

Internet Cowboy
    You need to allow the <script> tag.

In the "phpbb forum settings" under 'General Admin Configuration' I have done the following changes

Allowed HTML tags
    Separate tags with commas -> b,i,u,pre,script

I have added the extra script tag as said. But still the script tag appears as plain text

ABW Ambassador
    have you checked a site like http://www.phpbbhacks.com ?

I recently added a hack to one of my IPB run forums that inserts a post containing an adsense block between the second and third posts. This is allowed by Google, but you are only able to refer to the ads as they specify, i.e. "Sponsored Links"
    In my haste I forgot to create a separate channel for it, so I'm not sure how they're doing compared to the other ads on the site...
    Hi, I'm a signature.

I wouldn't recommend allowing script tags in a forum. Way too much potential for abuse.

The hack to insert a sponsored link between the second and third post sounds like the best solution.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

Hi dude. i checked out the site but did not know the name of the hack. Can you tell me the name of the hack to search for so as to download it...

7. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread