Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Question When you're not marketing..
    If you work another job, what else do you do other then internet marketing??

I myself am a Volunteer FireFighter. (was my childhood dream and would be one full time if I hadn't stumbled into the wonderful world and money of internet marketing. )
    [B]Jon Lyons[/B]
    Director of Affiliate Operations
    [EMAIL="jon.lyons@fluxads.com"][SIZE=1]jon.lyons@fluxads.com[/SIZE][/EMAIL][SIZE=1] | 1-877-GO-2-FLUX | [URL="http://www.fluxads.com/"]FluxAds.com[/URL][/SIZE]

[SIZE=1]LinkedIn: [URL]http://www.linkedin.com/in/jrlyons[/URL][/SIZE]

I'm a teacher 11-18, biology. I do 4 days a week, will see if I can cut it down to less, but it becomes a problem with timetabling - also, they don't want me to cut down.

I did consider becoming a paramedic, but the training all seemed a bit too much. If I lived at the coast, I'd love to be a lifeboatman, I need to reconsider it all sooner rather than later.

http and a telephoto
    I'm a professional photographer. Ask Billy Kay, I spent all last week photographing ROCKS... or ask Addhandler, I spent a weekend in Venice photographing ROCKS and WAVES...

My favs from this year so far though are the fire pics....
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

I'm a professional linguist. Own a translation company. Speak Russian, English, Romanian, basic German and read Ancient Greek.

When I don't work, I play with my daughter.

Geno

Affiliate Manager
    I volunteer as a Lacrosse coach for the local kids in my community.

I do web design for Rochester, NY area small businesses, as well as consult on SEO. I stay away from SEM

I also volunteer, although I haven't been asked to do much lately, for the Genesee Gateway, which is a site design firm that supports not for profit organizations.

Then again, by the time we pay the bills, aren't most of us not for profit?
    Kevin Webster
    twitter: levelanalytics

Kayak Fishing
    Web Analytics and Affiliate Marketing

Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    I'm a music supervisor for film & TV - I find songs, hire composers and generally manage the music for films or projects I'm working on. I also find "hit" songs for artists currently recording who don't write their own. Jobs don't come around too often because I don't promote that biz like I promote my online biz. AM keeps me tied to this chair. :-)
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic

I work full time as a medical transcriptionist. Good part is I get to work from home. The bad part is I get to work from home. Needless to say I spend a fair amount of time on the puter and now I need glasses.
    LeDonna
    Those who think they know everything annoy those of us who do

http and a telephoto
    Quote Originally Posted by Noth
    I also volunteer, although I haven't been asked to do much lately, for the Genesee Gateway, which is a site design firm that supports not for profit organizations.
    NO WAY!!! I'm on the board there!!! I'm telling the prez you are available and gonna have you take over for ME!
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

Quote Originally Posted by justwright
    I work full time as a medical transcriptionist. Good part is I get to work from home. The bad part is I get to work from home. Needless to say I spend a fair amount of time on the puter and now I need glasses.
    My girlfriends roommate does the exact same. She works out of home as well, but does travel a lot. She should look into some internet marketing to do as well.
    [B]Jon Lyons[/B]
    Director of Affiliate Operations
    [EMAIL="jon.lyons@fluxads.com"][SIZE=1]jon.lyons@fluxads.com[/SIZE][/EMAIL][SIZE=1] | 1-877-GO-2-FLUX | [URL="http://www.fluxads.com/"]FluxAds.com[/URL][/SIZE]

[SIZE=1]LinkedIn: [URL]http://www.linkedin.com/in/jrlyons[/URL][/SIZE]

ABW Ambassador
    I'm a music supervisor for film & TV - I find songs, hire composers and generally manage the music for films or projects I'm working on. I also find "hit" songs for artists currently recording who don't write their own.
    So Rexanne, you're an A&R Man, then!

(Artists & Repertoire)

Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by webworker
    So Rexanne, you're an A&R Man, then!

(Artists & Repertoire)
    I don't work for a record label (horrors!) so not quite an A&R "man" but yeah, I discover great songwriters, bands and what I consider "hit" songs for artists who are recording new CDs and looking for killer songs to fill out the song list. Finding songs for films is my real passion but finding a hit song that has yet to be exploited is a thrill no matter what it's for. :-) I'm insanely passionate about music, if you can't tell. If there was $$ to be made in aff marketing with undiscovered music, I'd be all over it. LOL
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic

great topic flux, nice way to get to know more about each other.

I jam with my band on the weekends, do alot of writing and reading , help with my older son's baseball team and chase my little one around the field. I tend to drive a bunch of sweaty, stinky teenage boys around alot to and from the games.

I also drag my family to do environmental and community volunteering so I can teach my kids to be responsible human beings and to feed my treehugger tendencies.

oh yeah, and I never sleep.
    Danay @ LunaSolMedia.com
    Global Perfomance Marketing. Global Niche Markets = Opportunity!
    HispanicYa!|MallFreebies

I dwell in possibility. ~Emily Dickinson

Full Time Affiliate Marketer, Full time Single Mom of 2 teenage girls - so that makes me a cook, maid, taxi driver, child psychologist and all the other hats that a mom has to wear during the course of motherhood
    Heidi
    "Happy are those who dream dreams and are willing to pay the price to make them come true"

I sit on my ass and rot.

I have earned it. I enjoy it. And, I have no guilt for doing it.
    Comments are opinion unless otherwise noted. Remember, pillage first. Then burn. Half of all people in the world have IQs under 100. You best learn to trust ol' SSanf!

I'll agree that this is an interesting thread!

I'm a single dad, so I have many of the same duties as those listed above (coaching baseball, football, bowling, etc). When my boys give me a few minutes of free time, I'm a commissioner on the City of Warren's Planning Commission.
    Christopher Park
    Affiliate/Partnerships Manager
    Blair.com
    cjpark@blair.com
    (814)726-6074
    AIM: BLAIRAffiliates
    Twitter: BLAIRAffiliates

Lite On The Do, Heavy On The Nuts Donuts's Avatar
    I surf my 7'6" thruster and 9'0" long board.

Very interesting thread! When I'm not working on affiliate sites, which I'm now officially addicted to and may need a 12-step program to stop finding niches to exploit...

I'm a Voiceover actress and own a small web business (that I just started having affiliates for, of all things :-).

When I'm not reading about SEO and marketing in general, I'm unemployed due to my health condition.

So I always work, even when I play a video game or chat with friends, SEO has crawled on me ;(

Troll Killer and best Snooper!
    I decide when the pigs fly!
    I have a volunteer job doing animal care (a.k.a. cleaning cages) at a local museum. I also do educational programs when they need me to fill in.

At home it's gardening, cooking, cleaning, laundry and catering to the whims of two demanding dogs. Fortunately my husband is not so demanding. (As long as I bake a couple of times a week.)

It's not a very exciting life but I enjoy it.

Quote Originally Posted by bethany
    Very interesting thread! When I'm not working on affiliate sites, which I'm now officially addicted to and may need a 12-step program to stop finding niches to exploit...
    Talk to me! I have an unfinished degree in counseling psychology. I'll either cure you, or throw in a couple more idea on niches to exploit.

Quote Originally Posted by bethany
    I'm a Voiceover actress and own a small web business (that I just started having affiliates for, of all things :-).
    Voiceover actress is what I may need some time in the future. We do translate voiceovers at Langbridge.

Geno

Geno,
    I think you could shorten your description to "serial over-achiever". You have your fingers in about 1000 pies, don't you? :-)

PM me if you ever want to talk VO stuff, you know where to find me...

Volunteer Stuff:

I sometimes help with the Los Angeles Maritime Institute taking "at-risk" inner city kids sailing on the tall ships.

I'm a frequent foster mom for rescued Labrador Retrievers while they wait to be adopted.

Fun Stuff:

Twice a week I exercise a friend's horse

I'm learning dog agility with my Mini Labrador Starlight. We have our very first competition this coming Sunday. We intend to completely make fools of ourselves, but we don't care.

Income Generating Stuff:

I take care of nice dogs while their families travel. There's one pair of dogs that spend close to 20% of their lives with me. They aren't sure where they live. During the summer I often have 4 or 5 visiting dogs at once. Off season I have from none to three.
    Affiliate Marketing - The hardest easy money I ever made.

Marketing Mistress Lectrickitty's Avatar
    How interesting. I love reading about everyone's "real" lives. Mine is a mess... I'm still trying out different things cause I haven't found what I want to do for the rest of my life... LOL

I traveled the country with hubby for 3 years. It worked out well when I was homeschooling. My youngest has been in all the states, Mexico and Canada. He learned history at the sites where things actually happened.

I owned a small cafe for a while, then I started a telecommunications company, it was fun, but the boom ended after a couple of years so I moved on to other things.

I was secretary of a scholarship foundation for 3 years.

I did the ranching thing for 5 years. I got mad at a cow one day so I sent all the cattle to the sale barn. (wish I had kept a few) Sold the horses a few years later. Now I just have pets.

I raised Emu's for a couple of years. Got rid of them right before the prices fell. (whew, that was lucky!)

When I was young I drove a super-stock GTO at the Wichita dragstrip back when a 13 in the quarter was considered fast.

I'm a nurse, but I don't like nursing so quit doing that after 2 years.

I'm semi retired now. I buy rental houses sometimes when I run across a good deal.
    [color=blue]"Those who give up their freedom for a little security deserve neither freedom nor security" - Benjamin Franklin[/color]

Quote Originally Posted by Lectrickitty
    I traveled the country with hubby for 3 years. It worked out well when I was homeschooling. My youngest has been in all the states, Mexico and Canada. He learned history at the sites where things actually happened.
    That's exactly what we plan on doing with our kids.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast