Internet Cowboy
    Spitzer Rides Again
    Spitzer sues Web marketer Gratis for privacy breach Full Story

Lite On The Do, Heavy On The Nuts Donuts's Avatar
    Get 'em Elliot!!! There's a lot more just like them!!!

I heard about it on the news last night and jumped for joy!! I love it...DIE SPAMMERS!!

I hope they take gratis DOWN!!
    Suz~~GearGirl~~

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    The networks sure were smart letting S/W greed drive affiliates to swim in their commission pool. I see where http://www.stopbadware.com/home/reports has started to publicly OUT the Spyware/Adware perps with the CJ screensavers.com Adwhores leading the pack. ... To find out what we think of Kazaa, MediaPipe, SpyAxe, and Screensaver.com, read our reports.

With new sub-OS level root kits -and Adware bundled onto systems with trojan horse backdoor viruses the public will demand some heads on some pikes. I see Microsoft is again a victim of new "ultra critical" IE exploits designed to do the drive-by nasty on the general public. The S/W affiliates monitize this to turn systems into merchant cookie cannons.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/cmp/20060324...hkBHNlYwMxNjk1
    An exploit for a new zero-day bug in Internet Explorer appeared Thursday, causing security companies to ring alarms and Microsoft to issue a security advisory that promised it would patch the problem.

..."Danish vulnerability tracker Secunia, which Wednesday had tagged the bug as "highly critical," raised the bar to its highest-possible "extremely critical" rating. Microsoft confirmed the severity of the bug and the success of the exploit in its own advisory, issued late Thursday.".... more
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

That's great news but I doubt the fine will be enough to put a stop to them. Datran Media settled for $1.1M but how many millions did they make? Spitzer needs to determine how much money they made and the fine should be no less than 10 times that amount plus some jail time. Then, such suits are no longer the "cost of doing business".If you make $10 million dollars by scamming the public and are fined $1 million, why should the scammers stop? Losing more money than you made and losing your freedom is a better way to put a stop to these clowns.
    Greg Rice Affiliate Program Management
    www.gocmc.com info(AT)gocmc.com | 330-259-1223

Join us! - MiNeeds.com | DiscountCandleShop/CheeseSupply | Feng Shui Plaza

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Gratis is a privacy selling Super Affiliate with all networks using every deceptive marketing front devised by the Adwhores. Not hard to believe they are a list brokers best friend and just another layer of data mining scum on the commission pool.
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

You can contact NYS Attorney General Eliot Spitzer here.

http://www.oag.state.ny.us/online_forms/email_ag.jsp

I am sure he would enjoy getting a few "atta boys" as much as anyone else.

We should let him know how we feel about what he is doing. And, I don't recall seeing him logged on here!
    Comments are opinion unless otherwise noted. Remember, pillage first. Then burn. Half of all people in the world have IQs under 100. You best learn to trust ol' SSanf!

Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SSanf
    You can contact NYS Attorney General Eliot Spitzer here.

http://www.oag.state.ny.us/online_forms/email_ag.jsp

I am sure he would enjoy getting a few "atta boys" as much as anyone else.

We should let him know how we feel about what he is doing. And, I don't recall seeing him logged on here!
    Sent him a fan letter. :-) I love this guy.

Maybe we should invite him to ABW. :-)
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic

He's running for Gov so he is doing this for the headlines. You should see his comercial where he displays all his headlines and then says imagine what he will do as your governor.

But most of his cases have ended in settlements with no one heading to jail and the spammers/scammers only changing the way they do business

10. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread