Status says Merchant Online - but not really
    Hello,
    This is my first post so hopefully this will be ok.

I noticed on my website that the product pictures where gone. So when I entered the link to the merchant site it was down. Later in the day the site became a travel in Asia site. Now the site is the same name and logo as my merchant but it is all paid advertising.

There is even an advertisement for there own website talking about all there product. There is even one for there main competitor. Each page of the site is now a keyword driven add page.

The status on SAS shows as online. That is correct but they are not online as a merchant anymore just a bunch of adds.

Is there somebody I should contact to ask about this?
    Or should I be looking for another merchant to replace my product pages with.

Thank you

ABW Ambassador
    Sneaky merchant that should be given the boot. I think some merchants sign up looking one way, then change things up once they have affiliates sending traffic their way. Who is it just in case other affiliates have links up.

perfume.com

They looked very legitimate. At first I thought they where having hosting problems.

ABW Ambassador
    Good catch, thought it would be some little merchant I've never heard of, actually a merchant I have on my site. Started a thread of its own in case others have them and to see if we're all seeing the same thing. Thanks.

Arrow Another one bite the dust!
    I was about to make a new site this week for that merchant, you saved me some real time by posting the merchant name. I just went to that site and you're right, that is not the same site that was showing last week.

Now I can dump their datafeed and move on to the next one.

Thanks for posting the name.

Sal.

Talking
    I thought that was one of your sites Mr. Sal.

Vietnam Veteran 1966-1970 USASA
    ABW Forum Rules - Advertise At ABW

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    I'm wondering why I , after just put up Sunshine Sheds for hydroponic indoor growing chambers links to sell on my gardening and bonsai pages, then Click the links and I get ...
    The link is not currently active. The merchant is on auto approval and now shows TEMPORARILY OFFLINE .... crap as those pages get daily traffic!

SAS message: There are a number of reasons that you may have received this message. The most common is that the merchant who was advertising is temporarily not-actively promoting that program. If, however, you feel you have reached this page in error, please let us know. Shareasale.com does not tolerate or send any SPAM mail to anyone. If you feel you have been targeted by a SPAM message, we would appreciate if you could forward the message to us at abuse at shareasale.com.

Shareasale.com manages the relationships between advertisers and affiliates, which is why you were directed to our site. Since the link that you clicked is not currently active, you were not redirected to the site. If you are a new affiliate, your links will not be active until Shareasale.com gets a chance to review your account - you will receive an email when your account is approved and links are activated. This process generally takes around 24 business hours. http://www.slsheds.com/
    Last edited by ecomcity; March 26th, 2006 at 12:17 PM.
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

Another SAS merchant Crewddewdsshirts has third party banners, google ads plastered all over their site. Should get dropped by SAS.

ABW Ambassador
    Here's the thread about Perfume.com

http://forum.abestweb.com/showthread.php?t=71418

They're back up and back to normal.

10. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread