Do I "have" to add another channel?
    I applied and was rejected by a merchant for another site that I have that is not listed as a channel in my account.

Do I have to add another channel for that website or is it mainly there for tracking?

Of the four reasons for the rejection, two might apply. One reason listed is inappropriate material. Does inappropriate material mean the same thing as not a good match or does inappropriate mean like nudty, etc?

Also, if I reply to this rejection email, will the merchant get a copy of the email? If I don't need to add another channel, I thought I would send an email to let them know about the other website.

And just one more question would I have to reapply to each merchant that I am already approved for to use links with the new channel?

Thanks,
    Suzie
    I disagree with Kay Jewelers. I would bet on any given Friday or Saturday night more kisses begin with Bud Lite than Kay.

Hi Suzie,
    I had the same problem. Target wouldn't take me because my main channel is an HTML learning site, so I interpreted the reason in their email was that it wasn't an ecommerce site (and it isn't).

I emailed Linkshare and Target with a link to the site I wanted to use, didn't get a reply, so I just applied via another channel and got in, no problem.

Yes, you have to reapply for each channel even if you're already got them as a merchant.

Thanks for the quick answer. it was just what I was looking for.
    I disagree with Kay Jewelers. I would bet on any given Friday or Saturday night more kisses begin with Bud Lite than Kay.

ABW Ambassador
    "Yes, you have to reapply for each channel even if you're already got them as a merchant."

Just for tracking purposes right?

Example, I have 2 main sites with LS that i used to be able to tell where sales are coming from via subID. LS is taking that away, so I still have links under that 1 channel generating sales. If I want to see what sites the sales are coming from, I can either go the Signature tracking route or start a new channel and reapply.

I only use one channel, although I have multiple sites. I'm sure it helps that my main site is relevant to most merchants, though. If the site on my profile were a niche site, I'm sure many unrelated merchants would reject it.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

Trust,
    You're exactly right, I had a mind fart there. I reapplied so I could keep all the merchants for that site on one channel, so yes, just for tracking purposes.

If the site on my profile were a niche site, I'm sure many unrelated merchants would reject it.
    I originally had this new site as a section on my main site. I still would experience rejection because the merchant would not go past the front page. With all the trouble it was to move and the extra work, it has been worth it.

Sometimes apples and oranges just don't go together even though they are both fruit.

Thanks for everyones insight.

The slot machine that IS paid! Billy Kay's Avatar
    I have a page called BillysSites.htm

It has a thumbnail of each site - the way Alexa has thumbnails - and a description of each site, as well as a marketing description (like, this site is based on the combined datafeeds of 2 furniture stores)

And I use the BillySites url as my main page for the networks

This way the merchants can see I have lots of different sites, using lots of different business models, etc...

and (hopefully) they know I'm for real

AND - and I've said this before - you should always contact the merchant BEFORE applying. They should know who you are, and should be waiting for your application, before you apply

9. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread